Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Even if they go past 20 mins, they did well enough with the Infinity War trailers in not spoiling anything. The latest they went was the Wakanda fight/Thanos fight, but they didn't have anything that really gave away any context in those scenes. Hell, the big trailer moment was the heroes running into battle, which was only made for the trailer.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, but they revealed that the movie was called "Avengers: Infinity War" in the trailers! And that Iron Man was in it! What if I don't wanna see Tony Stark until I'm sitting in the theater opening night!?

I'm convinced blogs promote excessive spoiler aversion just so promotional materials can't get in the way of their baseless speculation clickbait.

flask likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They should include shots past the 20 minute mark and arrange them in a way that still doesn’t allow us to know what’s going on.

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

But... but if they go past the first 20 minutes, it'll show us all the snapped heroes coming back and how Tony/Cap dies! #NoSpoilers

5. justin. Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With Endgame being so secretive to where we currently don’t know of any scenes beyond the early parts of the film, it would be nice for them not to spoon feed us every scene and battle that is in the film. If they do decide to show a majority of the scenes in the trailer I would at least want them to not give anyway any of the periods that the Avengers time travel (or whatever it is) to, although, we know they go to the battle of NY.

Also, this calls for a media blackout around 24 - 12 hours before the film is released here.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Lands Earlier Release Date In The UK

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I find it hard to believe Scott Lang shows up in the first 15 mins of the movie honestly

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

8. Tim

Honestly, I'm 99% sure we'll open the film with Scott Lang. (Though, yeah, 15 min is probably a hair early for him getting to the facility.)

Every Avengers film opens with some action-centric pre-title card sequence to set the stage for the film. What better option for Endgame than Scott going into the Quantum Realm, getting stuck, and then finding a way out and wondering what happened? Then, after the title card, show the Avengers responding to what happened, maybe show Thanos briefly, and then before too long have Scott show up.

Plus, you need a good point-of-view character for something like this. You can't expect every audience member to watch this immediately after Infinity War, or after seeing it 5 times. Scott can ease people into what happened pretty easily.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

give me a scene of thanos farming

coleslawed, AndrewSoup and justin. like this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of, what do you think should be re-watched before this? Obviously the previous IW, Ant-Man.. anything else?

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Make sure you watch Captain Marvel in theaters before Endgame

12. Tim

My honest opinion? Just whatever you feel like watching. If this movie does its job, it'll be enjoyable on its own. And, I'm used to reading stories w/out context from owning random issues as a kid.

Don't wanna be a douche & leave it at that, though, lol. Even though, with the lack of concrete information, it's hard to say anything beyond Infinity War.

Ant-Man and the Wasp, Iron Man, The Avengers, and Captain Marvel seem the most important. Depending on the validity of various rumors, there could be value in revisiting all of Iron Man, Thor, & Captain America's films, & also Doctor Strange.

Personally, I'm considering rewatching them all in rough chronological order (which requires Cap 1 before Captain Marvel in theaters, & then the rest in between). Depends on if I wanna suffer through Iron Man 2 again, lol.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

New teaser before the super bowl was great. Trying to find it online.

justin. likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My boy Rocket walking with the Avengers and Ant-Man/War Machine gearing up was nice.

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Russo's been watching The Leftovers

beachdude, CarpetElf, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

OOOOOOOOOOO

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Trailer didn’t show Thanos farming? Dislike from me OBVIOUSLY

beachdude, coleslawed, Davjs and 6 others like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

People cant vanish from citi field if theyre not there to begin with amirite

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lets go mets

PatRFinley likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

was that a Sport reference? in a COMIC BOOK MOVIE thread?? do we LOOK like jocks?!?

22. AndrewSoup

i really like the shot of Steve sitting in that support group circle. just the range of emotion, frustration, anger on Chris' face...

beachdude and currytheword like this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Generally more people show up than teammates.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

It’s probably because he is a Red Sox fan.

beachdude, Davjs and CarpetElf like this.
  25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Carol Danvers is my bet.