Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I've waited way too long to do a full rewatch so I think this is my plan as far as a rewatch before Endgame

Avengers
    Winter Solider
    Guardians
    Age of Ultron
    Civil War
    Ragnarok
    Panther
    Infinity
    Ant Man & Wasp
    Capt Marvel (maybe)

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

For me I'm watching
    Iron Man
    Cap 1
    Avengers
    Winter Soldier
    Age of Ultron
    Ant-Man
    Civil War
    Thor Rag
    Infinity War

I feel like out of all the MCU films, those ones will be the most worthy before Endgame. I don't plan on re-watching Captain Marvel in theaters so that's why it's not listed.

3. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Source? I know April 2nd has been rumored for awhile, but just wondering if you have some insider info haha

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

sneaker god knows all

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Iron Man, Cap and Ant Man I was pondering but I didn't want my list to get too long lol

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm just gonna watch Infinity War.

7. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  8. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Not related at all to my favorite day but I run a movie theatre for a living.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

coleslawed and wordzanddreamz like this.
  10. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Praise be

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that is a long run time. I’m only a casual Marvel fan so maybe my opinion is different than most, but give me a 10 minute intermission please.

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

We’re definitely not getting an intermission

13. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Intermissions are a nightmare, don’t want to be distracted through ten minutes of a movie while half the theater is trickling back in using their phone to find their seats because they didn’t get their concessions in time

airik625, TomG and flask like this.
  14. brentkid

Regular

People are acting like this is the first film in history with a 3 hour run time lol

15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Intermission lol

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

3 hours is a very long run time. It's nearly double the length of an average movie.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I mean, the idea of an intermission is brought up pretty much anytime a movie's runtime gets close to 3 hours. This is probably just the most popular film in recent memory that hits that mark. Not saying I'm expecting it. Just saying I wouldn't mind if it was there.

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Tarantino's Hateful Eight aside, when’s the last time any film has had an intermission?

19. wordzanddreamz

What a lot of people are missing in this conversation is that intermissions don't have anything to do with the audience needing a break. They used to happen because on 35mm projectors, the platters that held the film weren't big enough to hold movies of a certain length. The intermission would occur so that the projectionist could put the last reel of the film onto the platter, thread it and then get it going.

The answer to your question, as far as I can remember is Gods and Generals (2003)

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That's an interesting and very valid point.

My issue with a movie this long isn't so much that I need a break to go to the restroom or get food and drinks, it's just that 3 hours is a large chunk of time to dedicate to a movie in general. It reminds me how brutal it is to finish Return of the King in one sitting, especially in a theater. The drive, previews, and movie itself is over 1/4 of your whole day! haha

21. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I've never seen the theatrical cuts of the Lord of the Rings movies and never intend to. Give me all of the 4 hour movies!

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ahh, I didn't know that. Cool, fact. Thanks!

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The last big release I remember having it was Titanic.

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't Grindhouse have it?

25. wordzanddreamz

It may have, but I believe it was only as a gimmick for the presentation. That was 2 movies still 31 minutes shorter than Gods and Generals. Haha.