Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 122

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Knew it was him instantly. Haven’t listened to his podcast in a couple years so I don’t know if he was teasing it or not. I need to get back into FF

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Prestigious

Read this yesterday and thought it was cool as hell. Would love to hear more about what goes on behind the scenes.

3. I still get goosebumps from every scene that gave me them when I saw this opening night. Fucking love this movie, man.

4. Tim

passionate, but i don't give no fucks Prestigious

So glad that I still love this movie.

Watching it this morning for the second time this week, still just as wonderful an experience. As someone who was tired of Infinity War long before it hit home media, I'm glad this half of this crossover works so well for me. Love the character focus; it's like the two best sequences in Ultron were expanded into, like, half the film. Love how it threads being both charming & somber, both restrained & shamelessly indulgent. It's absolutely not the best Marvel Studios film, but it probably is the one where being a Marvel Studios film is the biggest asset. There are problems here & there throughout the film, but nothing that's impacted any of my viewings.

Also watched the Black Widow thing. There's no denying that Marvel Studios regularly didn't know what to do w/ her, sidelining her way too often & having that one big misstep in Ultron. But, seeing pieces of all her appearances together, particularly in the Russos' films, I'm struck by the strong character arc she had in the background. Which, of course, is something I talked about when the film first came out in regards to Winter Soldier & Endgame, but I'm seeing even more how her (way too small) role in Civil War plays into it, too. I don't think it'll happen, but I'd love to see some Avengers appear in her solo film next year, not in any action sequences, but just to further flesh out her arc of finding a family in this team. (The best version of this would even have Cap show up, but because they waited WAY too long for this & already gave Chris Evans his farewell in Endgame, that unfortunately can't happen.)

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! This is our yearly pitch about becoming a supporting member. If 90 people sign up we'll hit our yearly goals. It's basically 7 cents a day and you can get rid of all the shitty ads on the forum.