Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Yeah some of the cut stuff from LOTR would be nice to have but some of it is stuff like seeing the stone trolls or whatever

coleslawed likes this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Is the man with no name trilogy actually a trilogy maybe maybe not. But still the best.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh wow I had no idea Avatar had a re-release

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

back before The Hobbit came out and ruined it for all of us, this was a cool and appreciated bit of worldbuilding and everyone I knew who read the books loved it. now everyone hates that moment and The Hobbit, but I still appreciate the inclusion

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It’s cool and I like it (I never saw any of the Hobbits), but it’s not essential and for pacing/length reasons it’s not necessary. Like I said I’d watch anything they shot, I love those movies and the extended versions. Some stuff I wish was in the theatrical cuts, but most of it isn’t vital, as much as I enjoy it

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.
  6. StevenW92

Regular

The Star Wars prequels are the best trilogy.

7. Rowan5215

defs not essential, agreed. I may have used the wrong word in my previous arguing in favour of those scenes (I'll blame it on lack of sleep rather than me just being dumb). a lot of them aren't essential to the story, yes, but I'd argue they're important in terms of either a) enriching and expanding the world, which is a good way of paying respect to Tolkien's original vision given his talent for worldbuilding, or b) giving us more insight into the characters, which the more frenetic pace of the theatrical movies doesn't always allow time for. or even a combination of both a) and b) for the very best of the extended-only scenes. either way, I'm willing to give up some pacing in favour of those things is what I'm trying to say, but this is my favourite film trilogy so it's not like I'm about to complain about it being longer lmao

Nathan likes this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

To my shame I have never seen the extended editions (I haven't rewatched the actual films for years). But totally agree with that last sentence!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

I would highly recommend doing the extended trilogy at least once - you need a free weekend, at the least, but it's absolutely fantastic. I did a run in a day with my friend and it was an absolutely fantastic hangout, and you could add in food and/or drinking challenges to double the fun if that's your thing. but yeah, great films!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I can't (or won't, I guess) watch anything but the Extended Cuts of LOTR's. My wife and I make time to do it once a year usually. Love them, haha!

Kingjohn_654, Greg and Rowan5215 like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Are the extended versions on any streaming services or do you need to get the DVDs?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

not sure honestly, I only have Netflix Australian so I don't have the most range to check. I own them on DVDs anyway, the bonus features are terrific and the design of the inner booklets is stunningly gorgeous (you get maps of Middle-Earth, little dots to show you where in the world the characters are during each movie, some beautiful illustrations of an important moment in each movie - it's terrific)

13. currytheword

Trusted

coleslawed and DrAlanGrant like this.
  14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Toy Story is the best tetralogy

StevenW92 and Davjs like this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm gonna see Toy Story 4 tonight. I feel like it's unnecessary after the 3rd one, but whatever, it'll probably still be funny.

Kingjohn_654 and Mrplum5089 like this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Die Hard is the best duology.

Davjs likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

My favorite simple review of Toy Story 4 I’ve read so far was “everyone asked the question, do we really need a 4th? Turns out, we do.”

I’m excited to see that.

Mrplum5089 and Micool1 like this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Back To The Future is my pick for best trilogy.

19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Jackass is the best trilogy

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

How To Train Your Dragon or Toy Story has my vote

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I wish the last two Bourne movies didn't exist

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Toy Story isn’t a trilogy anymore

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Still never saw Bourne Legacy, I just took everyone's word that it was bad and left it be. Jason Bourne was garbage (much as I didn't hate it at the time) and it shows how lost everyone working on it was when they didn't have the Robert Ludlum novel,source material to work with. They had no real plan

slimfenix182 likes this.
  24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Legacy was alright. Renner was enjoyable.

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

not counting the .5's is a tragedy

PatRFinley likes this.