Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 115

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah I can go see it again today if I really wanted to lol

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'd go see the re-release probably. Avatar's numbers have 34 weeks worth so I have no problem with them re-releasing this lol

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't imagine sitting through this movie a second time

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Same, but for me that goes for most MCU movies, even the ones that aren’t 3 hours

iCarly Rae Jepsen and phaynes12 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Actually, Infinity War was a pretty good rewatch for me, I probably could do it with Endgame. Just would want to do it at my own leisure at home

6. StevenW92

Regular

neo506 likes this.
  7. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

In my mind, Endgame doesn't even feel like 3 hours. It felt just as good rewatching it for the 2nd time.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Still the best film trilogy

Matt likes this.
  9. Nathan

Fingers crossed it doesn’t remain a trilogy

Gimme a fourth Before movie. I’ll check in on Jesse and Celine every 10-12 years forever.

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Only second behind LOTR

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

rank your befores

Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight

coleslawed and zigbigwig like this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The additional footage will clock in at 6 minutes according to tickets that are on sale for the re-release.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Sunset, Midnight, Sunrise

All 10's

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't seen any LOTR films all the way through, so I'm gonna be on the safe side and say you're wrong

SpyKi likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Watch the extended editions, my old friend. It will be a night to remember.

16. Nathan

LOTR theatrical cuts > extended editions. I could watch the Peter Jackson LOTR trilogy for endless hours and enjoy the special editions but narratively the pacing isn’t as good/not all the added stuff enhances the movies all that much

Also I can’t rank Before movies they’re all perfect

coleslawed, aoftbsten and flask like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Before Trilogy the only one where I can say that each film is unquestionably one of the best movies I've ever seen

SpyKi and Matt like this.
  18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah don't let the extended editions of LOTR be your first exposure to the series.

coleslawed, aoftbsten and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Wtf?

20. Yeah I can ONLY watch the extended versions of LOTR. Idk man. Guess everyone is different.

Also, I'm definitely making a trip to see the added stuff for this movie. I'm not expecting anything super crazy, I just need to see it again in theaters anyway

21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Sunset
    Sunrise
    Midnight

22. I actually feel like I got more out of it the second time. I was at LEAST just as emotionally devastated by round 2.

And yes, I will be falling for this shameless ploy to defeat Avatar and rewatching the film for a third time in theaters next weekend.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I don't think of the extended LOTR editions as "extra footage" so much as "footage that's largely absolutely essential that they could not fit in for time", personally

watching the trilogy without Saruman's death when you have the choice to do so is crazy to me

awakeohsleeper and justin. like this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I definitely prefer the extended edition of LOTR

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I will admit that, generally speaking, the theatrical cuts of the LOTR films have superior pacing. BUT - as Rowan5215 pointed out earlier - in many cases the things they just couldn't fit in for time and ultimately left out are absolutely essential to the story. The resolution to Saruman's storyline is probably the most egregious example. Pacing is extremely important but it isn't the only thing.

This blatant push for the Avatar BO record is a little silly on one hand, but also they are so damn close, and it's not like Avatar didn't re-release with extra footage itself. After all, if there is no demand for this then the BO number won't go up at all.

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.