Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Don't forget the sheer amount of people who saw Avatar in 3D. That drove up earnings.

It was sold as being a technological masterpiece - and rightly so - and to see it in all its glory it had to be seen in 3D. I think a lot more people than usual went to see it in 3D and ended up paying a few bucks more than the standard ticket cost.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I cannot see the Avatar sequels coming close to the first one in terms of revenue.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  3. It would be funny if the sequels were also low-key Disney Princess adaptations.

BornToRun likes this.
  4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Avatar is Pochahontas on an alien world.

musicfan9795 and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Avatar was amazing in the theater. I remember seeing it several times on different sized screens because the 3D was just so immersive and amazing. It doesn’t hold up because the allure was the spectacle as opposed to the story. I guess it’s one of those things is just stuck in the moment, because watching it now just can’t hold up to watching it in 3D on a big screen.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I think I was one of the few to not go see Avatar in theaters. I watched it at home and had no desire to ever see it again. I'm just intrigued to see how it'll do since this is coming 12 years after the first one. It's not like you hear a constant clamoring for a sequel. If anything, I think time and 3D drastically fading away really might have people realizing it was not as great as it seemed ten years ago.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I didn’t see it in theaters. I still haven’t watched more than two minutes of it.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The scene with the floating jellyfish(?) plant(?) things in 3D is one of the most memorable visuals I’ve ever seen in a movie. It’s when I understood how 3D could be immersive and actually enhance mood beyond just explosions and action.

JimmyIymmiJ and Davjs like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

The story is predicable and basic, but I can't pretend like Avatar didn't have great directing, acting, pacing and acting. At worst this movie is fine.

10. Zach

Trusted Supporter

The only good thing to come from it is that ride at Disney World in Orlando. The Avatar park itself is pretty boring

Anna Acosta and airik625 like this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Next Avatar has got to be VR to step it up as far as immersive experiences go, right?

I never saw Avatar in theaters bc I was in college at the time and didn’t have access to any 3D cinema where I was. Of the minutes of footage I’ve seen, I never felt too badly about it though. I’m sure it was a spectacle in 3D, but since I never witnessed it, I’ve judged the movie solely based on the basketball playing scene, which was enough to make me realize that unless it was in 3D, it prob wasn’t worth my time.

12. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

It's actually 4D.

Spoiler alert: The Na'vi smell pretty awful.

Zach likes this.
  13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That ride is pretty incredible though. It’s the only attraction I was okay waiting that long to actually ride. The ride itself was less than five minutes - but still totally worth it.

Anna Acosta and Zach like this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

*FernGully

Anna Acosta likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

There is absolutely no way. I will shit blue goo and eat it if that day comes.

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I am indifferent towards Avatar as a property and doubt they top original Avatar in box office but now I hope they do

RJ Knorr likes this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The only film that will pass Avatar is Endgame. It’s not a matter of if, but when.

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It's not happening at this point. It basically needed to be where it's at now 3 weeks ago for it to have a shot at beating Avatar.

Also Avatar 2 isn't even gonna come close to the first one.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It will happen eventually. It just depends when Disney decides to do a re-run of Endgame in theaters. No way Disney won’t push it as far as possible until it gets #1.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

this is out on digital services july 30th with 4k and blu ray to follow sometime in august

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The Blu-ray release date’s been rumored for August 13th for awhile now

22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Gimme the complete collection you cowards

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think the complete collection will include Far From Home. Feige recently said that’s the end of phase 3.

Zach likes this.
  24. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Cowards

Anna Acosta likes this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I need to see this in theaters again before it's gone. Hopefully it's still there for a little while longer.