Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 110

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Snap for sure

Dodger likes this.
  2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Snap was a nice solid gut punch that was perfect to end the movie with. Its what actually gave "heroes getting their revenge but Thanos already destroyed the stones and it was useless" substance and meaning

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Leaving Infinity War was heavy, dude. Even knowing that they'll make it right.

Anyway, second Endgame viewing yesterday left me contemplative and full. It's such a satisfying movie.

4. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Also, this movie made me realize that I love Scott Lang. He is me.

Rhodey, careful on re-entry. There's an idiot in the landing zone.

BornToRun and Dodger like this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I get that, the point of the piece kind of being there was no arc at all. He was having trouble turning into the Hulk in IW, then in Endgame he’s introduced as having figured everything out.

Infinity War and Endgame almost don’t even line up as the same story to me, when placed next to each other. Hulk is one example, Wanda being another. What Thanos does to Vision in IW is one of the few times he’s tied emotionally to a character we care about, her absence from Endgame was a missed opportunity to me. Actually, same goes for Quill, what he and Gamora went through was one of my favorite parts of Infinity War, for him and Wanda to not be a part of the heavy lifting for the final victory stunts their stories (not to mention the Thanos they fight is a Thanos who didn’t actually kill Vision/Gamora, which is a slight incongruity to me). It’s like threads of real character driven stories are introduced, then abandoned/fast forwarded/skipped over.

aoftbsten and Tim like this.
  6. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I dunno about that, but he definitely slaps

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus Christ

SpyKi, AndrewSoup, Oskarr and 4 others like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  10. tvck

Trusted

11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

After they reduced the character to a caricature of himself I'm all set. One of the biggest things the Marvel Universe did to fuck up.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

42862312-8226-4821-9C11-66BD8856A3DE.jpeg

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

[​IMG]

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  14. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Sorry super late to this, cause I’ve been crazy busy, but this is pretty much spot on to how I’m thinking. It’s not a different reality in my mind, as much as it is an alternate timeline in the same reality, like you said. Similar to how the Netflix show Travelers functions

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

BornToRun, jkauf, David87 and 5 others like this.
  16. tvck

Trusted

17. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

David87 and Oskarr like this.
  18. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

That movie rules, honestly.

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

E58172A3-40F6-4B81-BB0A-6036ECDD400B.jpeg

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

One of the best shots in the movie.

Saw this again yesterday because my dad oddly enough wanted to go, still love it but kind of burnt out on it now, haha — don’t have to see it for awhile.

Davjs likes this.
  21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

That’s how I feel. I was so amped and saw it two days in a row. Top it off with the endless YT vids and articles.... I can take a break for a bit. Should be back for it when Spider Man releases.

22. Now I need the wide shot of Cap facing down Thanos' army alone.

Rowan5215, AndrewSoup, Dodger and 2 others like this.
  23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just saw this again today. Still loved it. Still got the chills and choked up at the end. It was inevitable.

Dodger likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

5th time will be this weekend with fiance and her dad. Probably it for theater runs for me.

25. tvck

Trusted

God I wish I had 3 free hours to go see this again right now lol