Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I seriously can't get over how good Phase 3 has been. When the worst movie is Doctor Strange (which was fine but was really carried by the special effects), you've got a solid run of movies.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  2. Yeah Phase 3 has been by far the strongest. I'm really intrigued to know how long Marvel will hold this momentum after Endgame.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Highest viewed trailer of all time in the first 24 hours, beating Infinity War.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think it depends on what direction they go. This overarching subplot culminating in a massive 2-part crossover has been a success with audiences... But, if they go right into another one of these, I think you'll burn people out the way the comics did.

Movies like Eternals, Shang Chi, Black Widow, & sequels to the new Phase 3 properties are promising. As long as they keep branching out w/out losing the connectivity, & keep recruiting creative voices like Taika Waititi, Ryan Coogler, & James Gunn (love that they got Chloe Zhao), they should have a long path of continued success ahead of 'em, imo.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Doctor Strange was better than AM&TW.

Davjs, justin., jkauf and 1 other person like this.
  6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I also couldn’t finish Doctor Strange. I have no desire to try and rewatch that one.

I promise I’m not always this negative!

7. currytheword

Trusted

You're not wrong. More so, when I watched this at home on my 4K I was blown away at how good the special effects are in this movie. The detail to Thanos even in dark scenes like the opening and what not are very well done. The planets feel authentic and straight out of the comics. It really might be the best Marvel movie of the MCU to this date, even though it could've been an overstuffed mess.

8. RyanPm40 Dec 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2018)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hope's fight scenes were so badass. Way better than Scott Lang's. The entire restaurant scene was great.

Seriously, that fort was awesome. I immediately said "Dad of the year award" to my girlfriend lol.

"It IS truth serum"

Honestly, superhero movie aside, this was one of the funniest comedies I've seen in awhile.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

I don't think Doc Strange beats either of the Ant-Man movies in terms of quality/fun, but I also don't think it was nearly as bad as most do on here.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

Loved Doctor Strange. Seeing that in theaters was a blast

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It definitely beats AM&TW in terms of structure. That movie is all over the place and the villain of AM&TW is really disappointing.

Davjs likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

I definitely preferred AM&TW, but both are good for entirely different reasons. I love comedy, so that's why I like Ant-Man more.

I can't think of a Paul Rudd movie I didn't like, though, other than This Is 40 which was just trash. He was great in Friends, too, of course.

Btw, if anyone's looking for a sad and moving dramedy, y'all need to check out The Fundamentals of Caring that he stars in on Netflix

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

Like Halloween 6? haha.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

Lol I don't like horror movies so I've never seen any of them :P

I did forget he was in Dinner for Schmucks, though. That was definitely not a good movie.. but it had its moments I guess

currytheword likes this.
  15. currytheword Dec 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

Whatever that Paul Rudd movie was that's a Netflix exclusive in which he works with a pedo and eventually dies by getting knifed in the throat is god awful.

16. RyanPm40

Woah what the fuck haha I had no idea this existed

currytheword likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Spoilers

slimfenix182 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am not being overly dramatic when I say that it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I shut it off partway through which I have only done a handful of times in my life. Absolutely atrocious movie. I honestly have no idea what the f-ck anyone involved was thinking, especially Duncan Jones for whom this was some sort of long-gestating passion project.

Take a film like Warcraft, to stick with the Duncan Jones theme: you can clearly see how the compromises that had to be made with something of that scale and budget ended up sinking the entire thing. He even described the process in interviews as feeling as if the little concessions and compromises he had to make with the project to squeeze it through the studio bureaucracies ultimately lead to a 'death by a thousand cuts' situation wherein each seemingly small or insignificant change ultimately has a butterfly effect on the project as a whole. To me I look at the film Warcraft and what he is describing is clear as day.

Mute is just awful and seems to me as if it was misguided and terrible from the first step literally all the way through to the final product. I honestly do not have one positive to say in regards to the entire thing. Maybe the casting director did a good job, as there are some good actors in it. They all give terrible performances, but still, they're otherwise usually talented actors.

SpyKi and currytheword like this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ok

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I really hope this becomes a meme.

A4meme.jpg

23. justin.