Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Literally just realized I still haven't seen the new Ant-Man movie yet, wtf

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The sad thing is this is probably quickly Photoshopped and looks better than Superman in Justice League.

3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This can’t come fast enough.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Trailer just reminded me how much I love RDJ.

currytheword and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Same

6. dude it's so fucking good - a top 5 marvel movie for me

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just got Ant Man Wasp from redbox - gonna watch it this afternoon.

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Personally, I love the Ant-Man movies. Ant-Man and Wasp was better than the first movie and feels like it's more rewatch-worthy due to more humor and pacing.

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

And watch, Scott Lang will be the one responsible for saving all mankind because of Hank’s machine. The guy from the Marvel movie no one has gotten around to seeing! :explode:

currytheword and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I loved the first Ant-Man, but I was pretty let down by the sequel.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

One of the most impressive things about Infinity War for me personally is that they were able to take Thanos - who on paper should be a very hard sell (giant purple CGI creation with funny looking chin) - and make an actual character out of him to the point where I forgot I was looking at a special effect. That almost never happens for me. I can probably count on one hand the number of times where, even with the most impressive special effects, I'm not thinking "wow, this CGI is really good" or "boy, this looks pretty wonky" in my head. A lot of scenes with Gollum in the LOTR films. A lot of scenes with the apes in the last two planet of the apes films, particularly Caesar and Koba. Some scenes of the aliens in District 9. The tiger in Life of Pi. I can't really come up with any more.

Granted, I know I am someone who finds too much CGI distracting, and I personally feel that a lot of filmmakers these days use it as a default go-to when other methods could work equally as well if not better.

I remember looking at the CGI for Thanos in the opening scene of Infinty War on the Asgaardian spaceship, but that is literally the last time I remember it crossing my mind. For the rest of the film he was just the character.

currytheword likes this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ant Man & The Wasp is at #14 for me right now. Infinity War isn't even in the top ten. I feel like End Game might be in the top five from the look of things though.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I watched Ant Man and the Wasp earlier and it was jolly fun.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ant Man was one of my favorite Marvel movies mainly because Paul Rudd and Michael Douglass are great and it was just a really fun movie that didn't take itself too seriously.

Still haven't see the sequel but plan on watching it tonight

15. To me it’s a great sequel that builds off of the first well and doesn’t rehash too much. It’s a much smaller (hehe ... yeah jokes been done) scale movie but it moves quickly and is a ton of fun.

I hope you enjoy it!

RyanPm40, Kingjohn_654 and SpyKi like this.
  16. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

But the minor bit of rehashing is one of the best scenes. haha

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. If I’m thinking what you are then heck yeah haha!

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ant-Man & the Wasp is lower tier Phase 3 for me only because Guardians 2, Ragnarok, Black Panther, & Civil War all rank super high for me.

It's still basically just an improved version of the first one, w/ all the same strengths & w/out a couple of its major weaknesses. And, being so chill was such a breath of fresh air after the monstrosity that was Infinity War. Loved how playfully convoluted the plot was, yet how emotionally simple & grounded. And, for the most part, not actually driven by an antagonist.

SpyKi, Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

totally forgot ant man came out. honestly don't feel too much desire to see it, even if I liked the first one enough. when you list out all the phase 3 movies like that tho, man, what a good run

20. thesollopsist Dec 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2018)
    thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I enjoyed Ant Man + The Wasp but found the actress playing the villain was acting everything so over the top. Took me out of scenes.

She played the same character and was the same in Ready Player One as well.

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Guardians 2 and Civil War are in the lower half for me.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just finished this and this was also my only issue as well. Did not care for her acting/character at all.

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Just finished watching Ant Man and the Wasp.

Loved it. Hilarious throughout, while also staying high stakes the entire time. I guess Ghost was kind of a meh villain, but I didn't see anything wrong with her acting.

Alba and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

How cool were the fight scenes the Wasp did though?

And was anyone jealous of the fort/maze thing he made for his daughter in the opening scene?

Oh and can we get Luis to recap all the Marvel movies real quick at the beginning of A4?

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I loved Ghost. :worried:

Henry, Contender, Greg and 1 other person like this.