Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avengers 4: Endgame (Joe & Anthony Russo April 26, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 23, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

At the risk of spoilers, I think it is fair to have a separate thread for the next film.

Here is the first synopsis:

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”

2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Calling it now: the US release will be pushed up a week to match the UK release, just like they did for Infinity War.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It would make sense with how they want to avoid spoilers.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Subbing real hard

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

But when is Avengers 5?

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ken, coleslawed, Kingjohn_654 and 4 others like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Let's be real, they're gonna line up every market in the world and go for a three day billion. It broke all the records without China this year...

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RIP Rogers

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

When I was young and saw ninja turtles 3 in theaters before the movie even started the kid in front of me asked his dad when ninja turtles 4 was coming out.

justin. likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sub

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

most anticipated.

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Can wait to see the main team reallllly die!

smowashere likes this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

How would you rank the likelihood of original Avengers' deaths, and why?

I'm thinking:
    1.) Iron Man
    2.) Captain America
    3.) Black Widow

4.) Thor
    5.) Hawkeye
    6.) Hulk

My thoughts have evolved post-Infinity War.

Tony is absolutely gonna bite the dust. I still think the better narrative choice for Steve would be taking a background leadership role, not dying, but with where Infinity War left off, I think both leaders are likely to die.

Natasha was previously my #6 due to demand for a solo film. The Internet gossip about her film being set in the past seemed pointless. But, thinking about what people want out of a Black Widow film, and where Nat's at as a character right now, that actually makes some sense. Her story is one that could end well with some heroic demise, perhaps saving Cap to echo Winter Soldier. (Plus, since she's Black Widow, she'd be the easiest to justify a "surprise, I wasn't really dead!" down the road, lol.)

No death or survival would surprise me (besides Tony living), but the bottom half definitely feel way more likely to live.

I don't expect a Thor 4, but between Hemsworth's new energy with the character and the unfulfilled promise of Ragnarok's ending, I think he lives and restores the Asgardian remnant. Killing Hawkeye just feels unnecessary given how eternally sidelined he's been, plus they might wanna leave the option of a West Coast wing of the Avengers. And, I think Ruffalo might have one more film on his contract? Plus, they might wanna keep him alive long enough to set up Totally Awesome Hulk, She-Hulk, and/or Red Hulk.

14. Tim

(Feels good to get my first needlessly long post this early into this thread.)

15. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I think from a real world perspective RDJ is far more likely to stick around in some capacity than Chris Evans.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm only here this early for your long posts.

Tim likes this.
  17. Tim

Stark has narratively run his course, he's super expensive and consumes anything he's in, and recent successes prove he isn't really needed. His death makes the most sense narratively. And, if people miss him enough afterwards, they can take a page out of the comics and have him voice someone's Jarvis-ish AI.

I'm still not personally convinced that Chris Evans would have a problem sticking around if his role became like Nick Fury's. Like, just rare cameos here and there.

FrankieThe4th and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think Nebula will either a) die while doing something that brings the other characters back b) play a big role in helping to undo Thanos' actions and help start up the female-led film. I believe her survival in Infinity War is due to big plans down the road.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Nebula gets the Infinity Gauntlet treatment.

20. Tim

If Thanos dies at any particular character's hand, that character better be Nebula.

One of the absolute best sequences in my favorite Marvel film (Guardians 2) is the confrontation between Gamora and Nebula. That dynamic of two sisters bonded by being adopted into an abusive home is so dang compelling. And, while the execution can be debated, Infinity War did try to make that family dynamic the heart and foundation of the film. Leaving Nebula on the table was a great choice, and if Avengers 4 doesn't let it culminate in a meaningful way, it'll affect my opinion of the whole film, tbh.

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Thanos dies when Darcy mew mews his head.

AndrewSoup, Alba and Davjs like this.
  22. Luke Nelson

I think Stark will live and we'll see him essentially "ride off into the sunset" to raise a child with Pepper. Steve will die with the classic "I'm going to be with Peggy now" sentiment in a scene that is sure to bring the tears.

Excited to see Spider-Man after these movies, convinced that he is dealing with something magic/otherworldly with Mysterio, only to have Strange write him off similar to what was done with Daredevil in Kevin Smith's fantastic Guardian Devil run.

ship90 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter