Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avenged Sevenfold Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Oct 26, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Avenged Sevenfold (sometimes abbreviated as A7X) is an American heavy metal band from Huntington Beach, California, formed in 1999. The band's current lineup consists of lead vocalist M. Shadows, rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist Zacky Vengeance, lead guitarist and backing vocalist Synyster Gates, bassist and backing vocalist Johnny Christ, and drummer Brooks Wackerman.

2. beachdude

Their new album hasn't been officially announced yet... but that hasn't stopped the resourceful folks of the internet from putting it out there ;)

3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

There was news last week it was coming out on December 9th and was going to be called Voltaic Oceans, but then today news came out that it's actually coming out this Friday and will be titled The Stage, which is the name of the song that was just released.

4. beachdude

No I know... what I mean is... it's out there. Even before "officially" being announced lol

bd007h likes this.
  5. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

That's pretty amazing. I'm not sure I've ever seen an album leak before its announcement before.

Also, that's a super fast turnaround, though. I wonder why they're releasing it so soon after the planned announcement?

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

A7X is the Beyonce of mainstream metal I guess.

7. canvasofwinter

Really curious to hear this. I wasn't too into Hail to the King, but I'm not ashamed to admit I actually like this band.

8. beachdude

The single/title track is the best they've sounded in a while... honestly I'm starting to listen a bit before bed and am not hating it yet lol

9. bd007h

Wait, the album itself leaked already? I thought you meant the info was out there before the band officially announced it hahaha

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. beachdude

Was trying not to be too blatant but yeah, the album leaked haha

11. fishguts182

Regular

Three songs into the new album and I like it better than Hail to the King.

12. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Crazy release. Excited to listen.

13. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Woah.. Shadows screams in "Paradigm"

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im going to hate this if it all has the same production as the title track

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

okay seriously what the hell is up with the drum sound on "paradigm?" the kick and toms sound so fucking garbage

16. canvasofwinter

On first listen, I don't like this album much. I didn't find a single one of the songs to be interesting or memorable. Most of the songs blended together for me, and I felt like the songwriting was pretty aimless. I remember enjoying about two minutes in the second half of Exist, but the nothing else did much for me.

I'll give it a few more listens in case it turns out to be a grower.

17. beachdude

Yeah I actually gave up about halfway through last night because I needed to get sleep lol... plus the album wasn't really doing anything for me after hearing a few tracks in full.

18. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

19. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Have the leak downloaded. Probably won't be able to give this a listen until lunch time. Hopefully I'll enjoy some of it.

20. redwing91007

Started my listen now. I have very low expectations.

21. " Paradigm " is such a fucking killer song.

22. redwing91007

A few of the tracks were cool and the album is pretty much what I was expected/hoping for but I think I'm just over this band.

23. It's more than what I expected, I honestly didn't expect it to be as heavy as it is.

24. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Im loving it, just a few tracks in. All my favorite bands releasing great stuff this year. ETID, A7X, AFI, Conor Oberst, hopefully Portugal the Man. 2016 as a year sucked ass, but it gave me so much great music.

25. bd007h

I think the second half of the album is stronger than the first, and while it's better than Hail to the King, it still doesn't hold a candle to City of Evil or Waking the Fallen, or even Self-Titled or Nightmare. I think they really miss The Rev's songwriting input.

Fox83 likes this.