Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avenged Sevenfold Release New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Hunter Norman

Regular

I've had it for a little over 24 hours and it's so good......Tuned in for the VR event now and if nothing else, they've done played the marketing game perfectly!

StoJa9 and Schooner like this.
  3. Is this a surprise release or am I just out of the loop??

heymattrick and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I think it's a surprise but I'm not on top of my A7X news. I haven't listened to anything since Nightmare but maybe I'll spin this

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. aniafc

Trusted

Surprise. They did random billboards all over the place, released one song, and now here we are haha.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Couldn't get into their more classical rock sound they picked up with Hail to the King - seems they've kept that sound of mature and less radio-friendly singles again. Fair enough but I'll pass.

Self Titled will always be best, imo.

7. Slave to the Grind

I still can't stand the lead singer's nasally vocals. Their musicianship is incredible but that singer really brings the songs down.

"Sunny Disposition" and "God Damn" are the 2 I like best after the first listen. "Exist" would be great if it didn't have any singing or that spoken word section towards the end.

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Funny thing is that they didn't want vocals at first on Exist, but Synyster Gates (the guitarist) insisted that there should be vocals.

9. Fox83

Trusted

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Seems like this will be more interesting than Hail, that record was so straightforward and boring. Had some moments. Always excited to hear new Gates playing though.

11. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'll pass on this. I gave it a cursory listen for a few songs and it's same the crap they've been putting out for a bit now.

12. Eric

Regular

"Classical rock" haha

13. shawnhyphenray

Regular

It's not just digital you can order the cd on their website

14. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Gotta listen to this later, I actually loved the single they dropped

15. slimfenix182

Really digging this so far, especially Sunny Disposition and God Damn.

16. Jackbo487

Regular

wait there are horns in Sunny Disposition, right? Or are my ears hallucinating?

17. God Damn may easily be my favorite track on the album.

18. Yup those are horns.

19. slimfenix182

I think it is too. The title track didn't do much for me when I watched the video but I'm liking it a lot now that I got the disc in the car. And I think the second half of the album gets really interesting for them. Pleasantly surprised.

20. The second half of the album took a complete turn, it's kind of like they went a David Bowie route with the experimental faze. The thing that stood out to me was this album isn't really radio friendly.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I used to really love this band when I was younger but I kind of fell off them after The Rev died. I liked about half the songs on Nightmare and I don't think I ever even listened to anything after that.

I've always loved City of Evil and the self-titled (though I haven't heard them in years), is this worth listening to?

emeryk3 and Turkeylegz like this.
  22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've never liked this band but the concept of this album makes me want to listen.

23. slimfenix182

You're not missing a ton if you don't check out Hail To The King. But my thoughts are pretty much the same as yours on the other records you mention. I think this is significantly better than Nightmare, really enjoying it.

tdlyon likes this.
  24. Hunter Norman

Regular

Still loving this album so much, more with every listen. Not to be a dick to that guy up near the top of the thread, but if you gave this a 'cursory' listen and think it's the 'same stuff they've always done', you might want to give it another shot. I've always been a big avenged fan, and love every album for what it is, but this is very tight musically and totally different from most of what they've done in the past. May not be your cup of tea, but it's new ground for them in a lot of ways.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

Definitely not radio-friendly. No "Scream" on here thank God lol.