Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. hahahaha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Having a dedicated studio working on Avatar shows and movies is basically a dream come true. I was never into the move to live-action, and giving the creators freedom to tell more varied stories is only a good thing. I really hope they expand back into video games and make something better than the previous licensed games too! But I'm happy either way.

Also, they should incorporate more diverse and culturally-appropriate voice acting going forward. The casts of both shows were great, but that's one thing the two shows missed the mark on.

Barresi likes this.
  3. H.A

This was the best childhood show ever created, hands down. Who was your favorite character?
    Mine was Toph Beifong

A.C likes this.
  4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

The Cabbage Guy

coleslawed and A.C like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Best character is Katara

6. A.C

Hands down Sokka and Momo were the best and funniest characters.

7. St. Nate

yes I love those characters. They have such good characterization

8. Philll

Trusted

And when they're in a scenario? Don't get me started.

9. H.A

True the way they they always get into sticky situation it's hilarious. But can we talk about that time Sokka thought Appa ate Momo:crylaugh:

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t know we were including creatures. In that case the best character is Appa

11. St. Nate

the best character is aang's nightmare ozai

H.A and coleslawed like this.
  12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Love this lol

13. Reading through this thread i am surprised people are so high on legend of Korra. I thought it was no where near as good as the last Airbender. The highs in TLA are so much higher imo. There's some great stuff in Korra but it just always seemed disjointed to me. And the supporting characters in TLA are superior.

Some day I'll watch it again and see if my thoughts change.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I've still never seen Korra but her and Aang (hopefully Zuko or Katara) are going to be in the nickelodeon smash bros game so that's nice.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

My excitement for Netflix’s Avatar is still very, very low. I’m much more interested with what’s going on at Paramount+ with the original creators.

dpatrickguy, RyanPm40 and BigMouth like this.
  17. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

At 26, my wife and I finally gave the original show a watch in the past few months and loved it.

Do people generally enjoy the comics that take place after TLA? I picked up all three parts of The Promise from the library this week but didn't like it much compared to the show.

18. I really enjoyed the comics. The Promise is by far the weakest one, I highly recommend you keep reading! They came into their own on The Search and never really stop being interesting.

exanctile likes this.
  19. Dodge725

Trusted

I think the Legend of Korra comics were a little bit better because they dealt with open plot lines and were more of a continuation, but The Search & Smoke and Shadow were both excellent from the ATLA era.

exanctile likes this.
  20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sign me up. I'm excited for any Avatar content, but this in particular has me excited. I feel like they were purposely vague about a lot of the details of these characters' adult lives in The Legend of Korra so I always had hope that they were saving them for future shows, movies, comics, etc.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Very nice

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

24. Farther away than I expected but I'm excited for it!

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My two guesses are

1) they want to make sure it doesn’t coincide with any potential release of the Netflix stuff.

2) this film is way more ambitious than it seems.