Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

morgantayler and incognitojones like this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just rewatched Avatar a few weeks ago and now I finally got around to watching Korra and it was so great. I can’t believe I waited that long to see it. I’m feeling emotional after that finale

6. Time to start the rewatch!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

took me too long to find it, fuckin Netflix and their recommendation algorithms. wasn't anywhere in the New Releases and i had to search for a while. same thing with Into The Spiderverse, they made it so hard to find.

BUT i'm stoked now that it's on there and i don't have to go switch out 15 different DVD's when i wanna watch through the series. i mean, i love having physical media and will always buy it, but it gets very tiring having to change discs every 4 episodes.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I did not realize the only aspect ratio available for this is 4:3 lol

But anyway, v excited to watch this again

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

On a rewatch of this right now...man, I love the whole series so much.

Has anyone read the Kyoshi novel? Probably some of my favorite Avatar-related material. I can’t wait for the sequel in a couple of months.

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah watching now

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m gonna have to finally bite the bullet and buy the Korra blu-rays after I finish my rewatch. The digital is twice as much unfortunately.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I started this show last night. I love it so far.

13. Philll

Trusted

Started this yesterday, about 5 episodes in. Enjoying it so far, but gonna keep myself from reading through this thread until I've finished now.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I watched this for the first time last month and absolutely loved it. Most shows I'm one and done, but this has instantly become a favorite and I can't wait to rewatch it over and over.

dpatrickguy likes this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

let us know when you reach episode 12
    aka best episode in the series

Philll likes this.
  16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Best eps by season:
    1. The Blue Spirit
    2. Lake Laogai
    3. This one’s hard. either The Avatar and the Firelord, Day of Black Sun, or The Southern Raiders

Really any ep that goes deep on Zuko’s development is a banger

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Philll

Trusted

Just watched it, yeah that was a belter.

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

morgantayler likes this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

Just finished up, really loved this show. Such a great world, great characters, great storytelling.

Need to find a new show to watch with my daughter before breakfast now. Might be time to introduce her to OG pokemon.

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Legend of Korra is coming to Netflix soon, much darker and a little inconsistent but worth a watch for sure.

coleslawed and Philll like this.
  21. Philll

Trusted

By the sounds of it it may not be suitable for my 3 year old lol, but I definitely want to make a point of watching it at some point.

incognitojones likes this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's definitely worth checking out even if you just watch it by yourself haha. This is definitely debatable, but if I rate ATLA an A, I would rate TLOK a B+. It's a solid follow up, but it tends to drag in a place or two and I would say Korra's supporting characters are not quite as compelling as Aang's, but overall it's a really fun watch.

dpatrickguy and Philll like this.
  23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Korra's team avatar is much less fleshed out, and the pacing of the first two seasons is very weird because they didn't know how much they'd be doing. But seasons 3 and 4 are some of the best, and Korra easily has the best villains. I love that moral ambiguity.

morgantayler likes this.
  24. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I love Korra bc TLA as a story is a clear historical anomaly. Obviously many of Korra's stories are historical anomalies themselves, but it's a much closer approximation of what I always imagined was more of the Avatar's role in society -- all of the stuff she does trying to mediate the major conflicts in civil society

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Looks like the original creators of ATLA have dipped out of the Netflix live-action remake. Oh boy, that was like the one aspect of this project that gave people hope that it would be something worthwhile. On the bright side, maybe this will open them up to working on some new content for Avatar instead of bogging them down with a remake?