Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Like do i really wanna watch it all over again? I mean I do that, but why?

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  2. St. Nate

The Rock should play The Boulder

3. St. Nate

4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hope they cast indigenous/inuit actors for Sokka and Katara. i just hope they use the opportunity to use this as a platform for some young/unknown asian actors to get recognized.
    like, hopefully they cast as according to the cultures each nation is based on/inspired from; Japanese for Fire Nation, Chinese for Earth Kingdom and so on

incognitojones and SpyKi like this.
  5. St. Nate

I hope Ken Jeong plays the Cabbage Merchant

6. Dog with a Blog

Perfect casting

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i don't feel much need for an adaption (or any sort of live action work) since it'll take a beefy budget to do some of the bending justice but with the original creators on board i'm at least interested. kind of wish this was some sort of new take on the world though, i say even though i still haven't gotten around to korra.

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

In the statement, it says they’re going go deeper with characters and world-building so we’ll at least get some new stuff.

justin. and tucah like this.
  9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Gimme Danny Devito as The Boulder, that is all

PatRFinley likes this.
  10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

tbh Dante Basco as Zuko is my only request

incognitojones and coleslawed like this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

tbh, Dante is old enough to play the elder Fire Lord now

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Why is his voice so perfect for this angsty firebending teen, please dub him over any young actor

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  13. [​IMG]

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

just started season 3 and i'm so excited. i can't believe i never watched this show

Dodger and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

D3527261-7D23-444A-B54B-887F815D139B.jpeg

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  17. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

[​IMG]

Dog with a Blog and morgantayler like this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I feel like the show ended pretty well as far as telling Aang’s story, sounds like the next season would have focused more on the Fire Nation siblings.

20. I think there was a comic about Zuko's mom I still need to read.

Dodger likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

There are 6 “graphics novels” that have been released that take place right after the show. They’re all really good

22. Oh that's a lot more than I thought. So there's six graphic novels worth of story that could've been a fourth season? Fuck.

oakhurst likes this.
  23. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

It makes sense. Korra had 4 books. Avatar wouldve as well. Ill eventually get to the comics, and I do love the last book and hwo it ended, but Its definitely disappointing the ultimate vision of the creators wasnt able to be realized for THAT. There should be a campaign to bring it back like The Clone Wars lol

24. Still plenty of people cosplaying Avatar characters at AX last year (I mean, yeah, I went to the ATLA cosplay gathering, but outside of that as well), so I'm sure it's still on a lot of people's minds. Hell, I bought both series on DVD last year.

25. Dog with a Blog

It’s been awhile since I’ve watched the original run but I honestly feel like it’s a masterclass in writing character development. I feel like every character’s arcs and actions feel so natural and deserved. Zuko’s arc in particular is just so fucking good and never feels forced. If I could delete Kora season 2 then I think the show would be close to perfect.

coleslawed likes this.