Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

just finished season 1, i latepassed hard on this show

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

And it hasn’t even gotten good yet

3. Dog with a Blog

Started Korra from the beginning last night. A little over halfway through season 1 and I think almost caught up to where I left off the first time I started it. Excited to finish up season 1 and see where this show goes.

Dodger likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Last two episodes of season 1 were pretty great. Although, I kind of wish we got to see her without her powers for a bit longer, but it’s all good. Onto season 2.

5. Dog with a Blog

Season 2 of Korra was decent, not great. Season 3 feels promising so far though

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Season 2 always felt like too big of a problem, it was like cartoonishly over the top. The avatar origin episode is an all timer tho, and 3 and 4 are incredible, back to basics, character focused not world ending conflicts

Dog with a Blog and Dodger like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

these are my thoughts 100%. It was just too much. I stop caring when the end of the world is at stake

8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Welp. Bout to start this for the first time after passing on it for years. Wish me luck!

Dog with a Blog and Mrplum5089 like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Damn, season 3 was hella good. So much better than 2. Excited/bummed to see the last season.

Dodger likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

”Will you do the thing for the rest of our lives?” is such a great proposal haha
    One more episode of Korra left. Been watching season 4 all day lol

Dodger likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog Jul 15, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Ranking: 3>4>1>2

Korra was pretty solid overall, with 2 being a glaring low and 3 being an extreme high. I need to rewatch the original show again to see how it holds up, it’s been years.

I really enjoyed that season 4 took place a few years later. I wouldn’t mind seeing a peek into these characters lives when they were in their 40’s or something. I probably enjoyed all the dynamics and growth of team avatar the most.

Dodger and incognitojones like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

One of these days I need to get around to watching Korra. Avatar was one of my absolute favorite childhood shows and I still adore it, but somehow I never got around to the sequel show.

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I'm doing an Airbender rewatch right now.

So happy

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

hope they don't white wash it again.

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

YASSSS

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Quote from Konietzko and DiMartino

“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender” Konietzko and DiMartino said in a statement. “We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.”

Avatar: The Last Airbender Becoming Live-Action Netflix Series — First Look

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I’d rather they do another series progressing the timeline, but it could be interesting.

FrankieThe4th, Contender and St. Nate like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They’ve confirmed the characters won’t be whitewashed.

20. Dog with a Blog

Daaaang. I wonder what the tone of this thing will be

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm definitely interested.

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't have much hopes for this but I hope they prove me wrong

23. GBlades

Trusted

Hopefully it's not like the last live action adaptation .

24. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i can't imagine this being the best idea. glad Bryke are on board developing but i'm just uneasy about what possible direction they could take this in, cuz the og series is already damn near perfect