Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

still haven't seen past the first season of Korra, which had enjoyable moments but was bogged down for me by a narrative/character developments that didn't live up to their greatest potential.
    Nickelodeon definitely didn't help by fucking up their schedule and not greenlighting a full series order right away, but i wasn't fully satisfied.

so i still gotta pick up the LoK Complete Series blu-ray boxset eventually.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. I absolutely love Korra. Definitely recommend watching all of it when you can.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

what are some of yalls favorite TLA episodes? a lot of mine are in S3 which seems to be a super underrated season. Sokkas Master in particular is one of my favorite episodes of TV ever. While i dont think the show has ever made Sokka a "useless" character or anything it was neat to have an episode that basically just gassed him up and showed how intelligent, creative, versatile, resourceful, and just overall likeable he is while also giving him something the other characters dont have in that hes very skilled with a sword/weaponry.

The Southern Raiders might be my favorite episode out of them all though. that moment when Katara confronts the raider that killed her mom and says "she lied to you, she was protecting the last waterbender" and he asks "who?" and she says "ME!" and stops THE MOTHERFUCKING RAIN TO CREATE ICE SHARDS but then decides to spare him is a moment i'll never forget from any form of entertainment ever.

4. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Any episode involving Jet in any capacity is my favorite.

St. Nate likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I should probably finish Korra someday

6. AndrewSoup

same
    i'm assured it gets better after the first season

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I loved all of Korra. Def need a rewatch

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Just bought the Korra Blu-Ray box set so I don’t have an excuse

coleslawed, AndrewSoup and Joe like this.
  9. Serena is a fan ha.

10. AndrewSoup

i only saw the first season of Korra but i'm guessing Avatar Wan was the first Avatar? did they, in that season, establish that the Lion Turtle gave humans the ability to bend?

11. Ya. I don't remember what season it was, but Legend of Korra goes into Wan's whole backstory and creates the mythos for how The Avatar came to be.

12. AndrewSoup

also, Serena voiced a prison guard in Season 3! the prison that held Iroh before he broke out on The Day of Black Sun

13. Woah, did not know that. Cool.

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I think I liked Korra better to be honest.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

its in season 2. the Lion Turtles gave them the ability but it was refined through watching the different animals and how they use the elements. I guess it just boils down to the LTs giving them the unrefined, raw ability to just control the elements whereas the actual techniques and various martial arts influenced movements came from mimicking the animals.

you should definitly watch the rest of Korra! Season 2 is the "worst" but it has the Wan episode which is one of the most beautiful animated episodes I've ever seen. Theres a particular moment that gives me chills every time I watch it.

incognitojones likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

I plan on being a total piece of shit next week during spring break and just watch Korra and play Fortnite while I’m not at work lol

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The complete series comes out on Blu-ray in a couple weeks

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. morgantayler likes this.
  19. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I’ve never seen any of this, but I’d heard good things. So I bought book one of Avatar on DVD for $7 on clearance, looking forward to diving in.

Dog with a Blog, oakhurst and Dodger like this.
  20. AndrewSoup

oh my god, it's so good. i wish i could see it again for the first time. i found out about it from my brother and i watched a lot of it out of order.

Book One starts off a little silly but gets serious/a lil more heavy as it goes on. each of the seasons are like that really, they have some of the lighter more kid-friendly episodes at the beginning before shifting into more plot-heavy territory

21. Dog with a Blog

This show is so god damn good at nailing character development. It all feels so natural.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So what about the live action adaptation?

23. AndrewSoup

what live action adaptation

Dodger likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Good answer