Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Avatar: The Last Airbender TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 11, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

ATLA brings back such good memories.

I remember just passively watching the first season cause it was on and entertaining, but it really ramped up in the Book II: Earth. Then the summer I graduated high school it ended with the Sozen's Comet finale. I believe I DVRd it and watched it several times.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Also, remember that drama with Nickelodeon and them deciding it was pretty much pointless to air the last season of Korra on TV?

Chaplain Tappman likes this.
  3. dpatrick23

Regular Supporter

Season 3 of Korra is top notch though, especially

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i just got pissed off even thinking about it

dpatrickguy likes this.
  5. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

KOL is bringing this thread down.

Let's talk more about ATLA and how Katara and Toph became the top, benders of their lifetime. Their road to becoming the best benders was/is always thrilling and very emotional to me. FYI, I million things in this series make me cry like a little baby.

6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

just put on S1 and the music for this series is so good

7. AndrewSoup Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2016)
    AndrewSoup

what's your favorite battle in the series (not including LoK)
    mine's probably the GAang+Freedom Fighters v the Dai Li from S2 ("Lake Laogai" was the ep)
    some of the best animation in the whole series

8. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Team Avatar & Zuko vs Azula is definitely my favorite.

Horrible quality video:

St. Nate likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

Zuko v Jet from "City of Walls and Secrets" is really fun as well
    and the "Crossroads of Destiny" finale, S2 had some of my favorite battles honestly

10. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

Aang vs. Ozai was definitely my #1. I think all the finales would probably be favorite, but I also remember being blown away by Aang joining with the Ocean Spirit to wipe out the Fire Nation armada.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  11. AndrewSoup

S2 finale is probably my fav moment in this whole show

Brandon339 likes this.
  12. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

I can't think of too many TV shows that made me feel as excited as I did when I saw Aang get carried away on Appa. Rewatching this show now, and it's still makes me excited to see all the moments I did before.

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Loved this show so much.

14. AndrewSoup

i just need another animated show that put as much effort, research, and love/care into their worldbuilding as this show did.

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Korra is great all the way through, but 2 is definitely the weakest, and 1 suffers from them not thinking they're going to do more but is otherwise really good. The stakes are just so ridiculously high in 2 that it becomes hard to establish, even tho that backstory for the first avatar episode is really really good.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Adventure time does this imho

17. AndrewSoup

i watched the first season of that on Netflix! i was impressed early on, i gotta get more of that. as well as Steven Universe! all my friends freakin rave about that show but i can't watch it (no cable)

18. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah Steven Universe character development/world building is pretty much unrivaled

19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've heard good things about Steven Universe but I don't like the look of the animation at all.

20. Tom Lee

Regular

Just rewatched the whole of TLA. After all of these years, it still gets me. I wish the characters were all real, I love them all so much.:heart:

AndrewSoup likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

i just love this universe so much

Tom Lee likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The new Korra season is starting up in comic form soon.

Looks like as of right now, June.

Tom Lee likes this.
  23. morgantayler and St. Nate like this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

rediscovering my love for this series after the eclipse yesterday. im going to go through all 3 TLA seasons and all 4 LOK seasons soon-ish because i havent watched TLA in a while and I only watched the first season of LOK

i just LOVE this universe so much. i love how well thought out the mythology is and how the writers arent afraid to push this universe forward instead of just retreading old ground. little details make it all so great, like i love the idea of metalbending police that use metal cables as their way of enforcing the law in Republic City, or the fact that the show actually addresses the idea of blood bending and how insanely dark and powerful that can be. one thing i loved about LOK was the setting and how technology had evolved with planes and vehicles and steam powered engines and such its a really cool steampunkish 1920s aesthetic.

of course the main stars are all the characters and how wonderful they all are. even mako, although hes easily my least favorite "main character" out of TLA and what ive seen of LOK.

SpyKi, coleslawed, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Holy shit "The Beginning" god damn that was incredible

SpyKi likes this.