Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Author Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

5 years already? damn

2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I definitely go back to iiFoiiC more, but I still really enjoy Of Brighter Days.

3. Looks like maybe a new song in a couple weeks? Weird that Feb 8th is a Saturday

coleslawed and anonimito like this.
  4. Leftandleaving

5. Looks like the brothers put out a metalcore record while quarantining. No idea how long they’d been working on this, but it’s heavy as fuck and I love it

coleslawed likes this.
  6. coleslawed Apr 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2020)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they had a metalcore band back in the day, too, going back to their roots.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

lmao wtf

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

According to Bandcamp it's from 2017:

9. Oh wow, wonder why they waited so long to put it out! Unless they did and I just missed it initially haha

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Apple Music says 2020, so maybe it just made it to streaming services. It's actually pretty damn good.

11. Agree, at less than 18 minutes long total they didn’t really leave a ton of room for filler. Trevor’s scream is insane, reminds me of Darkest Hour

KidLightning likes this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I know the brothers are big fans of heavy music, see them all the time at shows around here. I guess their new bass player is their old one from the whatistruth days.
    new album was recorded by their old bassist, who now lives in Nashville, so I’m guessing they made it back in 2017 and just got around to releasing it.

14. Ahh I see. Weird that they held onto it for so long, but I guess now’s a great time to put it out!

Yeah I’ve only seen Author once but they were unexpectedly heavy live, they said it was because they were used to playing with harder bands so they had to beef up the songs to keep up haha

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

lol this is pretty good

KidLightning likes this.

16. Song absolutely fucks

coleslawed and anonimito like this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

give me more

18. balloon.pilot

Regular

excited for more new music

19. Wow, love that one. They did mention on IG recently that they had plenty of music to release this year, crossing my fingers this means a record and not just a bunch of stray singles haha

20. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

Exit Signs is streaming now! it's seriously so good

21. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

This song is great! Any idea if an album is coming?

Michael Belt and anonimito like this.
  22. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

i just want whatever they release on vinyl. have one of the 12 rare lathe-cut copies of Of Brighter Days, and have hoped for more official pressings of any new projects down the line.

anonimito and wood&wire like this.
  23. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

I know they have at least some more material they've been sitting with for a bit. I'm also hoping it ends up being an album.

Michael Belt and anonimito like this.
  24. So what’s the deal with these? Are they official? I didn’t know they even existed haha

25. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

iirc, i believe the company intheclouds got permission from the band to cut them as part of their 12 Lathes of Christmas deal they do every year. rather than being officially pressed with a stamper and everything, they were cut directly into a grooveless disc with a lathe. not the best sound quality in the world, but serviceable if you want something on your turntable. they sold out in seconds, but someone had a copy on Discogs for a reasonable price, so i snagged it a few years back. even tried reaching out to the band to get scans of the CD to take back to intheclouds to make a custom sleeve, because the sleeve it came in was some shitty J-card-styled thing. guess they couldn't find anything. regardless, it's legit and one of my favorite pieces in my collection.