Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Author - IIFOIIC (January 1, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Dec 17, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is easily one of the favorite recs I’ve gotten so far from my thread from yesterday... Jammed the whole album when I woke up this morning and I’m incredibly impressed.

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

How does this compare sonically with their other releases? They only had one other album and one EP before this, right?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away

The album before this was also good with a couple great songs, but lacked in replay value for me. I return to it every few months.

Nate_Johnson and beachdude42 like this.
  4. trevorshmevor Jan 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2018)
    On the contrary, I've listened to the first record countless times and am certain at this point that it'll never get old haha. Every song is perfect imo, really cannot sing high enough praises for it. Sonically speaking, it's most similar to Sonder and the title track from this record. I'd say the melodies and chord progressions on this album are a bit more inventive overall. Both are fantastic albums!

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I must've listened to the first album over 200 times since it came out

6. Same, probably clocked that much in 2015 alone. Out of the 5 years I've been into making EOTY lists, that year had the smallest list by a significant margin and I think it's because of how much it dominated any spare listening time

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea I loved the first record a ton.. I'm having trouble getting into this new one and I'm not really sure why. But I definitely owe it more listens.

beachdude42 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. Gooddayz

always and forever

Finally heard it.. this is cool. I wanna see them live

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Finally went back and listened to their debut and EP. This band rules. Love their sound. Singer gives me some Weaver at the Loom vibes which I like very much.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

fairly certain those two are friends.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  12. Song is really good

beachdude and anonimito like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

feels like ixora + nearer my god