Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Author - IIFOIIC (January 1, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Dec 17, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nice nice

coleslawed, Mattww and Contender like this.
  2. Best band that nobody is talking about. Of Brighter Days not picking up more steam is baffling to me. They really need to get a good supporting slot with this one

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  3. cwhit

they're doing a headliner in the late winter/early spring

4. I mean I'm certainly not going to complain about any opportunity see them perform, but based on my last experience seeing them headline I feel like they'd be better off trying to land a solid opening slot for someone more well known. The last time I saw them headline, it was to an audience of me and literally one other person... not exaggerating. And LP1 had been out for a significant amount of time. Maybe they do better in other markets though and I'm just unaware.

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

YES!!!

6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

at work all day what is this should I be excited?

7. cwhit

it is a new album

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

cant Ask anything on here w/o getting snark anymore! appreciate it.

guess my band mate played in a band with two of em in high school and they’re in town tomorrow. Will find out for myself.

9. cwhit

out now

coleslawed and Contender like this.
  10. cwhit

i assumed you just knew them because they're from minnesota as well, thought you just didn't know what the release was haha not intentionally snarky

11. Love this so far. Pretty much exactly what I wanted from them and more. Calm and Clear was unexpected, Smoke was a trip. Title track and Sonder are probably my favorites at the moment, glad I didn't play those out too hard when they were released

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  12. Fuuuuuck, what an ending. Those last two tracks are insane. This is definitely the right step for them, it's a lot darker than I expected them to go and I'm all about it

13. Lucas27

Trusted

Well, it's not even 2018 and I think I just heard my first AOTY contender. This stuff is amazing.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. They did that to me in 2015, haha. Of Brighter Days was the first record I heard that year and nothing else passed the bar it set

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty cool that I already have a new 2018 album that I’m excited to listen to today

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. oh SHIT

I had no idea they even had a new record coming

hurry up and pay me so I can cop this ffs

teebs41 likes this.
  17. totallysweet

Are we about to kiss?

One of the worst sounding bands I've ever heard live. I mean... ever. Maybe it was a bad night for them, maybe they've gotten better. This tune sounds pretty good.

18. Only seem 'em once but they weren't bad. Trev's vocals are a lot more aggressive live though. They did a different for Extraordinary, which I thought was cool

19. Calm and Clear is a fucking jam and a half.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just hit play

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang new album to listen to already in 2018! Had no clue what they guys had been doing lately, but Of Brighter Days was solid. Excited to give this a listen

22. cwhit

i like this

Nate_Johnson and teebs41 like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I like that this isn't just another straight forward rock record, a lot of experimentation with tones and sounds.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is good and I want them to put it on Spotify

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'ma listen to this because everyone else said its good

Sometimes I wish someone would describe what it sounds like, or the genre

Nate_Johnson likes this.