Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Austin Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kuri44, May 7, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'll be there! What does the guest list get you?

2. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Nada lol. I paid $150 back in January to join Margin Walker's fan club and it just gets me a pair of tickets to one show a month for all of 2019. They're just selling their own guest list spots is how I understand it. It works out to $6.25 a ticket, a total steal with how many MW shows I go to.

AUSTIN – Margin Walker Presents

riotspray and JRGComedy like this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That's a pretty good deal haha. Well I'll def see you at the show!

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

What did you think of the show?

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I did the Margin Walker fan club thing in Dallas this last year and it was awesome. Will definitely sign up again.

6. Night Channels

Trusted

I was there too.

Best show I’ve been too this year.

I always see this bouncing, annoying kid in the crowd. I’ve seen him at three consecutive shows. He acts like a complete dick to people around him and always manages to end up on stage several times via crowd surfing.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think I know who you are talking about haha. I liked the show a lot, but definitely didn't love the crowd lol

8. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Was this the culprit? Pretty sure I've seen him doing the same thing at other shows, like you mentioned.

I thought the show was great, really happy with both Tigers Jaw and The Menzinger's sets. Next show on my list is La Dispute/Touche Amore in a couple weeks, would love to meet up and grab some beers next time around.

Attached Files:

Night Channels likes this.
  9. Night Channels

Trusted

Lol, yeah that’s definitely him.

I’m all for people enjoying the show and being completely into the music, but we saw him flying knee an older lady in the face during Tiger Jaw’s set. He’s a relatively small dude, and he seems to almost target women and smaller guys in the crowd. It’s hard to watch and distracting for everyone around him.

Not planning on going to La Dispute. I’ll be at Turnover’s show tomorrow night.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Hi I live here now

11. Night Channels

Trusted

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm in NE Austin off 183 right now, on a 1 year lease and haven't really decided where in the area we're gonna relocate (or when) but for now we're up here

Been here for a week and have had nothing but good things to say about it

13. Night Channels

Trusted

We live in Brushy Creek.

I've got plenty of restaurant recommendations for you.

14. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Anyone here ever go to Barb's for Jimmy Eat Wednesday? Wound up stuck in the office late tonight and I'm debating on making a pit stop on my way home.

15. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Anyone catching any shows for free week?

16. Night Channels

Trusted

Moved here right after it ended last year, so I really don’t know where to start...

17. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I'm in a similar boat, I don't know much about local Austin bands. I plan on going to Mohawk Saturday to catch Quiet Company, but that's all I have planned so far.

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Volunteering the first three days of SXSW so I can get a music badge and then I'm going to try to see ALL THE BANDS

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

What cool to do in Austin? Heading there in a month for fun.

Favorite restaurant/bar/brewery? Must-see sights/walkable neighborhoods?

20. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

not local but go there enough. go to Jester King for beer. Perlas for excellent seafood. You can throw a rock and hit a good bbq place so don’t feel like you need to get in line at Franklins.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm poor so not the best judge, but if you hit South Lamar or South Congress, there's a ton of good stuff.

Some of the best food in town is clusters of food trucks. Just find a food truck park!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Franklins :drool::drool::drool::drool:

23. Night Channels

Trusted

Do you know where you're staying?

It really depends on what you like to do...and eat.

Check out South Congress and maybe Sixth Street (if you want to go out at night). I recommend Rainey Street for some day drinking and a decent food truck selection.

For food:

Veracruz All Natural for tacos

I wouldn't waste a decent chunk of your trip waiting in line at Franklin's BBQ but it is awesome

Peached Tortilla and Odd Duck are cool dinner spots

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

We are staying at the Fairmont, just north of the Rainey Street Historic District - west of 35.

JRGComedy and Night Channels like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You're in the heart of it! If you wanna see some shows while you're in town, the Red River district is great too. Stubb's, Mohawk, & Barracuda all have shows with bands that this site likes.

chewbacca110 likes this.