Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Austin Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kuri44, May 7, 2016.

1. Kuri44

2. Kuri44

Selling one Weekend 1 3-day pass if anyone or anyone you know is interested

3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

How much?

4. Collins

Trusted

had passes for weekend 2 but unfortunately can't attend. Sad to miss all the great artists they got together this year, hopefully there will be some returnees in the future.

5. Kuri44

I messed up big time and waited till today to buy a ticket to NFG at The Mohawk which is now sold out. If anyone ends up selling a ticket, please let me know!

6. Carmen SD

Trusted

Really random. I can't explain the details but need to know which restaurant in the Austin area has servers that wear black. That little folder thing they carry has a gold emblem that makes out either the letter M, N, H or maybe other. I'm unable to make it out from the photo I saw. I've tried searching the Internet to see if I can find anything, and I'm not getting anywhere. If you have any ideas feel free to pm me if it makes it easier. Any photos you have also helps

7. Kuri44

lol I'm 2 months late so before I start trying to think about it, wanted to see if you ever found out

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

No I never found out lol

9. Night Channels

Trusted

Anybody here from Austin? Potentially relocating to the city and I have some questions...

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Relocating....for work?????

11. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Shoot

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Headed here in late Feb for a job interview!

Gimme the skinny on your city, what's good about it, what sucks about it?

And don't be afraid to be real with me: I live in Los Angeles right now; doesn't get more metropolis or shitty than that haha.

13. Night Channels

Trusted

If you’re coming from LA, the cost of living won’t be a big issue for you.

The best advice I got before moving here is live relatively close to work, because traffic is horrible.

Find out where your potential job will be located and let me know. I’m still really new to the city, but I have a good feel for where to live.

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha traffic doesn't bother me too much after living out here either. I believe my maybe future office is in Windsor Park.

15. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Live in Mueller.

Night Channels and JRGComedy like this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like the office is in South Congress! Just met the boss and spent some time in Austin last week. It felt soooo tiny compared to LA haha

Night Channels likes this.
  17. Night Channels

Trusted

That’s an awesome area!

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Night Channels

Trusted

Any tips on how to do SXSW (for free)?

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

there are so many free showcases/no wristband requirements. google is your best resource it just takes some time to plan it all out. be prepared for scheduling conflicts.

20. Night Channels

Trusted

I’m mostly concerned about parking/transportation.

I know Uber and Lyft will be readily available but I’m coming from Cedar Park...so we’d like to get in a little bit closer before calling a ride share.

21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

getbqs close as you can and get on a bus route that will go downtown would be my best advice if you’re trying to save as much as possible. parking will be a literal nightmare, but I’m sure you’re aware of that.

22. mynamesgeneric

Regular

SXSW 2019 | SXSW 2019 RSVPs & Parties List

You can pay them $40 to register you for all of the parties or you can do it manually for free. There was another list that used to float around with all the parties and whether they had free booze/food/swag but I forget the name.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Been here for like three weeks now and I'm really enjoying it!

Kuri44 and Night Channels like this.
  24. Night Channels

Trusted

If need any food recs, let me know

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter