Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

August Burns Red - Phantom Anthem (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Eleventh Hour goes hard. One of the best on Messengers

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Constellations
    Rescue & Restore
    Messengers
    Leveler

The other ones are interchangeable to me, with Thrill Seeker ranking slightly higher than the last 2 releases.

3. Beauty In Tragedy and Count It All As Lost GOAT

4. Gooddayz

always and forever

Heard Thrill Seeker again and I enjoyed it more than I remember. A lot of cool guitar work going on like in Speech Impediment

suicidesaints likes this.
  5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I can't sit through their albums before Constellations purely based on production quality. I haven't tried in years but I vaguely remember thinking the drums and vocals sounded v bad to my ears. Should probably try again since people have always hyped up their early stuff.

Also if we're gonna rank, I'll do the ones I know well enough:

Constellations
    FIFAP
    Leveler
    Phantom Anthem
    Rescue & Restore

Gooddayz likes this.
  6. Gooddayz

always and forever

This is a hot take on their discography. Don't think I've seen R&R at the bottom before

7. Gooddayz

always and forever

What does everybody think about Coordinates? My friend keeps telling me it's their worst song, but I'm like no it's not. I enjoy it and find it perfectly placed in the album

8. Coordinates rules, one of the best on the record easily

Gooddayz likes this.
  9. azzy01

Regular

Finally clicking with this album. It reminds me a lot of constellations.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Messengers and Constellations were huge records for 16-17 year old me, but everything after that hasn't grabbed me at all.

11. azzy01

Regular

Yea. I have a somewhat similar relation to them. Stopped listening to them in 2011, but got back into them with found in far away places. Phantom anthem recently clicked.

12. This is the first album I appreciated since Constellations. I'm so glad they stopped the gimmicky genre flips. They rarely did them well.

13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Erra dropped one of the best metalcore albums this year. Figured someone would be bound to enjoy them here.

The Mysterious likes this.
  14. That reminded me a toooooon of Periphery's first record, especially those vocals

15. Gooddayz

always and forever

Hmm interesting. I'm not too familiar with Periphery, but there's been some pretty great metalcore releases this year. Erra and Greyhaven have been exactly what I wanted.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. Yeah that Greyhaven album is pretty cool. I’ve had trouble keeping it anywhere near top of mind since it came out but every other month or so I’ll get in the mood for something heavy and rediscover it

Gooddayz likes this.
  17. Was anyone else not aware until just now that they put out a Christmas EP today?

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

I had no clue either till I saw the music video.

19. Almost feels silly to ask in this scene, but I wonder if we’ll get a Constellations tour/vinyl repress in 2019

20. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Yes and I would assume so