Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Audio Equipment Thread (Headphones/Microphones/Speakers, etc.) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Best in ear Bluetooth headphones??

2. devenstonow

Noobie

I posted about it a few weeks ago, but I'm loving my Jaybird X3s. I usually only have one earbud in at a time, but the sound is pretty awesome when I have both

3. Sebas

+1 on the Jaybirds

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I've got the x2 and also recommend

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

So I just upgraded from Bose QC15s to Master & Dynamic MH40s and holy crap, I'm hearing things in songs I've never even noticed before. Nothing major but just smaller things I couldn't pick up on with my other ones. Super well rounded too. I tested them out just on shuffle and any genre I played sounded great.

6. Anyone have good recommendations for car speakers? Just bought a new one today and the only thing I'm not stoked on is the sound, clips at high volumes and does this awkward thing to lower the output to compensate.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

the wire on my apple EarPods tore today. anyone have any recommendations for bluetooth buds of similar quality?

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Can anyone recommend good set of over-the-ear bluetooth headphones and/or bluetooth stereo transmitter? I'm looking in the $50-80 range for the headphones.

9. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

I cannot recommend any wireless audio. They all suck.

10. Will_Lopez

What about MPow bluetooth headphone? i am using it for couple months and the sound is quite okay.

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

What are people's opinions on Sonos? Are they worth the money? I've always liked the idea but don't know to many people that have ever got them.

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

My cousin has his whole house rigged up and it sounds amazing. Super, super pricey. But...if I had a house, I'd do it.

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Only person I know that has one is a tech nerd. But he got one years ago when it first came out and I've never heard of anyone else getting them afterwards but they seem nice but obviously pricey.

14. Will_Lopez

Got my ELAC Debut B6 months ago. The only thing that makes me interested is the name of Andrew Jones on it. I used to be a fan of Pioneer and i am really looking for this one. First, i am really worried with the bass because i am a bass lover and it seems that the bass reproduction seems incompetent even though for 300 dollars, the performance is so spectacular. Performance was good on the entire frequency spectrum with clear treble. Not seems interesting at first, but looks promising after see this review.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

In the market for nice headphones. Want to pay approx. $180 or so. Recs?

16. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Audio Technica ATH-M50X

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Looking to get a receiver and I'm not sure what I want. Was hoping to stay under like $200 and I don't mind going used if I need to.

Right now I'd be using it for just two bookshelf speakers for listening to tv/my record player but i think I'd like to get a sub/surround speakers later on so preferably 5.1 channels. Any good advice/recs? Does this make sense?

19. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

21. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

So I stalled on buying that Denon receiver, checked today and the price dropped from $195 to $167 :) It's on the way!

Brenden likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I have Bose Companion 2 Series II computer speakers hooked up to my 21" iMac. One sits right next to my iMac screen and gets this static noise randomly coming from it even if there is no audio coming. Could there be some weird interference occurring since it's so close?

23. DeRRek

Trusted

I’m looking to get a set of noise cancelling headphones and I want a pair that are going to last and sound great, etc. I’ve looked online at ones recommended but whenever I read reviews there seems to always be comments on some breaking after long use or they’ve been reviewed only after a few days of use which isn’t ideal as I’m wanting to know they will last for a long time. Any recommendations would be appreciated and ignored you have had your headphones for ages and can still give them too marks that would be beneficial, haha. Thank you in advance.

js977 likes this.
  24. DeRRek

Trusted

That should be “if” instead of “ignored” and “top” instead of “too” haha

25. I want to make an educated purchase of true wireless earbuds (lower price range than Airpods).

Anyone with experience?