Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atomic Blonde (David Leitch,July 28th 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Also better than John Wick 2

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that's high praise (for me at least. I fucking love John Wick 2).

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Completely disagree this is better than JW2.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I liked John Wick 2 fine but it lacked the emotional investment and character drive of the first one. Cool set pieces and cinematography but this felt fresher and had better action.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this was cool
    I liked how they played with Berlin as a city, especially with the punks
    Charlize was great as were Sofia and McAvoy

6. marceting

Trusted

Just saw it for the second time in two nights. Always catch things you didn't the first time.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I must be a moron, never gathered from the trailers that this took place in the 80s, haha. Anyway, I enjoyed most of it, but would be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. Felt like literally every action sequence was in the trailers too.

8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Just saw this. Enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Didn't think the action scenes were on par with JW, though Theron is solid. Other inconsistencies bugged me and I found myself more interested in McAvoy's character (more a result of the actor than anything else). He was at least more "fun" to follow.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Still yet to see this, I thought it was going to have a stronger opening weekend though.

10. Well, it would have if you had gone and seen it! haha :speakno:

truelovewaits, Henry and aoftbsten like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Best part about this movie was that it featured HEALTH.

A little too much 'style over substance' for me. LOVED the editing. Like, holy shit some of those set pieces looked incredible.

The audience we had was awful and kept audibly gasping when people were being hit with things. Every single time.

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mmmmmm

Barresi likes this.
  13. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I just looked at your page and saw you're from NJ and I also just got back from seeing this and everyone in my theater gasped every time someone got hit. Did you happen to see it at Regal in South Plainfield?

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

SOOOOOO CLOSE. AMC in Mountainside.

15. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

So close!! Also thought kind of the same thing, it was shot beautifully, everything looked amazing, but was just kind of missing something for me.

16. marceting

Trusted

I saw it twice and the second time the audience was laughing the ENTIRE STAIRWAY SCENE. Like, fucking how?!
    (There was a group of teens behind us, maybe 12-15 of them that started laughing and then everyone else did. Frustrating)

17. marceting

Trusted

Saw it at the AMC in Clifton, Jersey in the house.

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Was disappointed by this. They made the plot way too complicated for no good reason. No where near as good as either John Wick or any Bond movie.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Speaking of Bond, the fight scene in the movie theater reminded me of this one, but not as great.

20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Charlize Theron beating up commies? How did I miss this? Can't wait to see it.

21. Serh Aug 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2017)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Not as good as ANY Bond movie? Damn man

Sucks that the overall reception to this movie (which isn't horrible exactly, I was just expecting quite a bit more) isn't better than it is. I was hoping word of mouth would be good enough that there'd be talks of a potential sequel

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its tracking better than John Wick. I'd say the only hindrance, is that it was a bit more expensive to make.

23. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Loved this, no it isn't perfect and it is slightly behind the John Wick films but there was far more I enjoyed than didn't plus I am a big fan of 80s music and style so I was on board thanks to just those two elements.

PensHockey likes this.
  24. PensHockey

Regular

The music was the best part and the sex scene wasn't bad either. It did feel like it was trying to copy John Wick, but I still was entertained.

25. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Doesn't bother that the film copied John Wick in how the action scenes were filmed as I would rather they be filmed that way then the god awful shaky cam and incoherent fight scenes of other action films plus I feel like this film was way more physical than the John Wick films (less gunplay and all) which set it apart enough for me.

PensHockey likes this.