Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta, Georgia Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by zporter92, May 2, 2018.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Shiiiit. What about Great grandpa haha. I was more excited for them anyway

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Walk there, Lyft back.

From where we are, I can do anything in this city with that formula. Esp cause I'm close enough to use the MARTA.

I hate how regular Uber / Lyft rides cost like 5x as much as gas.. but if you only Lyft on the way back, and you select that "shared saver" Lyft, it ends up only being more like 2x as much as gas. So I could technically be driving a 90s pickup truck around town and paying the same amount.

Zach likes this.
  3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Lyft is convenient but I do hate how much it costs. When I was on crew, a 6 minute ride from the hotel to the airport was like $11/12 without tips

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It varies so much. When I lived in Denver I lived two miles west of one job and two miles east of the other. The east was 8 or 9 total and west was about 14 total

Zach likes this.
  5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I mean I get that they need to be able to make a living, but damn lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

Get Up Kids cancelled the September leg of their tour so we should be good since we have a mid-July date.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Doooppe

8. Randall Mentzos

My favorite local beer so far is Eventide Citrus Grove hefeweizen

shea likes this.
  9. shea

RIP Supporter

Athena Paradiso with tart cherry, raspberry, and cranberry

This is my favorite local beer and it’s not even close. It is however on the tail end of its release window so it might start disappearing soon. I think their summer seasonal is about to release.

They’re out of Athens but you can find all their shit pretty much anywhere. The Hop City at KSM definitely carries it.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  10. Randall Mentzos

Fuck yeah I work at KSM lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I work off the beltline behind it.

shea and Randall Mentzos like this.
  12. shea

RIP Supporter

Ha no shit? Where at? I actually deliver for an Anheuser-Busch distributor so I have a few customers in there, haha.

13. Randall Mentzos

One of them might be my restaurant. I work at Superica.

14. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

nice. i am at superica a good bit actually. and ticonderoga club for cocktails.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm at Pour.

16. shea

RIP Supporter

Ah yeah we actually don’t deliver there, somehow. I have Hop City, Ticonderoga Club every once in a while, Watchman’s and Bar Mercado. Then Rathbun’s and The James Room sort of behind all that.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

18. shea

RIP Supporter

I actually live right outside Athens so I don’t get down that way as often as I should, haha. My best friend lives right off Euclid though maybe I can drag him out soon.

19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I will be more free hopefully around mid-July. In the thick of instructing school right now, and I had an issue with my loan living disbursement this month so I’m very thin on money atm haha. It will all start calming down first week of July/mid-July hopefully

20. Randall Mentzos

@shea @Zach

Let’s chill soon.

Today was great I bought a bike for frequent use around town, and also went to Serpas for some excellent Cajun seafood. Got laundry done too.

Zach and CarpetElf like this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

@EmmanuelSCastle while they hang out let's sit in the same room in silence looking at chorus dot fm and laughing briefly at twitter

EmmanuelSCastle and Zach like this.
  22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I might actually be able to! About two/three weeks away from being done with my training (finally), and some of the airports I’m looking to work at are closer to downtown Atlanta. Regardless, I should be able to no later than the first week of September!

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Niiice. you got a place?

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

We w3 w3 w ew w3 w3

25. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’ll still be living here in Lawrenceville, but I’m looking into instructor jobs over at the Peachtree-Dekalb airport, and Cobb County and/or Newnan on the far side

CarpetElf likes this.