Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta, Georgia Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by zporter92, May 2, 2018.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

^^

We found a 2 BR place in west Inman Park, right by the Beltline / Freedom Park bike trails & Inman Park MARTA station, for $1100 a month B-)B-)B-)B-)

East Atlanta is perfect and once I spent time there I didn't want to settle for anything less

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

hell yeah dudes

also @CarpetElf learn to parallel park motherfucker it will make your life so much easier and will make you more competent than ~80% of Georgia drivers who are awful

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  4. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah east is definitely better. $1100 for that area isn’t bad at all

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah I'm pretty stoked on it.

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. Randall Mentzos May 10, 2019
    (Last edited: May 10, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

see @CarpetElf? city drivers really get annoyed by drivers who are ignorant about things like parallel parking. You acting like it is needless is mega pretentious

It's nothing to be anxious about tbh. Most cars can be parallel parked on the first try with the exact same "formula". Just gotta practice it.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He literally just said about 80 percent cant do it lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

1) probably an exaggeration cause that dude who can't park is THAT annoying that he stands out

2) those people who can't are the ones from rural Georgia who think like you and say "oh I don't need to learn that" and then they come to a city and are disruptive drivers. Same people who take up two parking spots with a giant truck because they've never learned how to park in small spaces.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Now its disruptive haha. Keep reaching

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Randall Mentzos

Or just learn how to do something that's not that hard instead of getting mad at the city itself when you can't find easier parking

FACT: If you didn't learn how to drive in Florida, parallel parking would be on your driving test.
    FACT: You are often critical of Florida's poor education and bad drivers

Put those two together and we have a hypocrite ladies and gentlemen!!! hahaha

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

none of that is correct.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

Nothing else we found was below $1350

If we had cars we could've gone cheaper more easily but both of us are without cars currently. So being bike / MARTA accessible was necessary, and everything in those areas was like $1400 and up. We got REALLY lucky.

Zach and CarpetElf like this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

I also want to say hearing radio voices say "94.1 FM at-LAN-tuhhhhhhhhhhh" is the most satisfying thing ever

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Randall Mentzos

Super excited for Mattlanta / Atlandall 2019

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Now, I'm breaking the lease.

16. Randall Mentzos

Those are great puns and I stand by them

17. LAITYSA May 17, 2019
    (Last edited: May 17, 2019)
    LAITYSA

Infinite Energy Arena is in Duluth so you won’t have far to go for the bigger concerts that come through there. It’s also the home of the reigning World Champion Georgia Swarm of the National Lacrosse League and maybe still? the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey team, which is a minor league affiliate of the Boston Bruins.

If you’re into beer, there is a decent little brew pub in downtown Duluth called Good Word Brewing. There are a lot of good breweries in the general metro-Atlanta area as well, if you’re into that I can recommend a few.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah hopefully some of the bands I like will make some trips here again. I’ll check out Good Word! Thanks!

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Less than a week out.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You definitely gotta plan a trip to Chattanooga.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah 1000 percent. love that place

airik625 likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos

Been there twice, I love it

airik625 likes this.
  23. Randall Mentzos

I fucking love it here so far. This is pretty assuredly the best place I've lived.

I loved Hawaii as a kid but from a real world, "I can't afford expensive things" perspective Atlanta is the GOAT

Zach, CarpetElf and heywassuphello like this.
  24. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Weather has been garbage, hopefully it gets better soon for you lol

Randall Mentzos and shea like this.
  25. Randall Mentzos

Florida is twice as hot/humid and has much worse storms this time of year. This is fuckin nice to me haha. You will probably not see me complain much about the weather up here. I know it eventually gets real hot but I also doubt it stays that way for 4 months straight with no breaks. It seems to at least cool off here and there.

I'm not scared of a little rain. Florida you'll get DRENCHED just being outside for 30 seconds, and still be sweating cause it's so damn hot at the same time.