Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta (Donald Glover, FX) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm gonna echo what most others have been saying here, but the casting is so good. All three leads are fantastic. Excited to see where these characters go

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Really enjoyed it, got a huge laugh from the dude complaining about his friend getting him arrested, and then his friend turning around to apologize.

I literally didn't notice the "fuck"'s being said.

Serenity Now, alina and mad like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was even better than I thought it'd be. Paperboi (?) was my personal favorite

4. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I didn't notice anyone saying fuck either. Maybe I watch too much HBO and don't even think about it now.

Anyway, this was great. I can't wait until next week

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Digging this hard.

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I notice more when shows censor the expletives. It's very noticeable in Mr. Robot

RJ Knorr likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know what I missed / maybe just don't understand laws, but episode 1 ends with Donald/Paperboy shooting a dude, then something like the dude they shot goes missing, and then they're quickly released from jail? Is that not weird?

8. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Mr. Robot is confusing. They had uncensored fucks for one episode and they'll be censored in the next. In one episode Darlene said cun*y which was uncensored, but fuck was censored the same episode.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Loved this, what an instantly compelling first episode(s).

10. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the first two episodes, instant love

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

From my understanding the guy that got shot fled the scene, they were technically only in jail for the drugs they had on them. IIRC the news report just said a shot was fired off, they didn't mention someone actually being shot although I could be wrong about that part

12. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

This is easily gonna be in my top 5 favorite shows on tv going forward. I love it.

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

For some reason I thought this show was gonna be more comedy heavy but I loved the first two episodes.

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I didn't expect it to be so funny, honestly

15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I found the scene with the transgender woman in the prison really interesting. The guy she was talking to was the only one who seemed to accept her as a woman but clearly had some very homophobic views.

16. Larry David

I was wondering if maybe the guy shot himself on accident, and then fled? I agree, it was never truly explained what happened

17. Larry David

Knowing Mr. Robot they might do that stuff intentionally haha

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Checking this out now

19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Watched the first episode last night and loved it.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This was excellent

21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Darius is a dude. I want to be his friend.

22. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Second episode was solid too. Definitely going to keep up with this.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed both episodes. This is gonna be good.

24. Davjs

Trusted

"......I dunno, I like Flo Rida"

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  25. alex

notgonz Prestigious

This is great, but I really hope they reveal what happened next episode. They made it pretty obvious that PB didn't shoot that guy, so there's really no point in dragging it out. It's not like Breaking Bad or something

I need to go back and listen to Darius' ramblings again. I feel like they're going to be much more significant than they seem