Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta (Donald Glover, FX) TV Show • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

It’s precisely because of his successful position as an entertainer that he’s uniquely positioned to comment on that

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

he’s a crybaby

3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

meh, agree to disagree I guess. sometimes its hard to see celebrities as people too.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

AWasteOfATime, Cameron and ChaseTx like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but hopefully they kill off Lakeith’s character…

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't necessarily want him killed off but yeah I would also prefer at this point if Lakeith was no longer on this show. Which a year ago if you told me I would be saying this I would have never in a million years believed you.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Isn’t he still getting acting roles like nothing happened?

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

He just got announced as the lead in the new Haunted Mansion movie

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

they won’t kill him off bc there is a non-zero and probably fairly likely chance donny agrees with him

Anthony_ and trevorshmevor like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Darius wouldn't get vaccinated or wear a mask
    [​IMG]

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, he was definitely a troll before he supposedly quit social media lol

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Is this his anti-vaxx stuff or did he do more? If it’s the former, I don’t really think he should be fired but that’s a complex discussion

14. the rural juror Aug 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2021)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

He was also a moderator in a Clubhouse discussion where anti-Semitic comments were made. He wasn’t the one making the comments, but he didn’t speak up against it either (he did later after being called out).

He hasn’t really *done* anything that I’m aware of, but he always seems to be on the edges of this type of stuff. I wouldn’t fire him at this point, but I’d be keeping an eye on him if I was the producer or whatever.

phaynes12 and OhTheWater like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

he also did a bit on Instagram where he made homophobic comments "in character"

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I did see the Clubhouse thing but he apologized quickly, right?…that plus this is absolutely not a good look

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I was referring to club house stuff, but now with the anti vaxx stuff it’s real bad

18. phaynes12

his apology was bullshit lol

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wasn’t it just that he didn’t know what people were going to talk about? Or did he say something dumber

20. phaynes12

yes that he was just moderating the room and didn’t know what people would say

what the fuck did you think they would be talking about lol also why is a hollywood actor moderating chat rooms

21. Philll

Trusted

Wasn't it literally a discussion of the beliefs of Louis Farrakhan?

22. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Idk if it's fair to call him antivax if all he said was you should have a right to choose what goes in your body? Unless there was more I didn't see

23. phaynes12

yes

Philll likes this.
  24. Isn't that essentially "my body my choice" re: vaccines--during a pandemic--which is somewhat problematic?

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

So people shouldn't have a choice? Idk it gets pretty sticky once you go down that road imo

If he was telling people not to get it or it was evil it'd be one thing but just saying you got the right to choose seems fine enough to me because that is the reality of it