Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta (Donald Glover, FX) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

not sure about the rest of the fall schedule, but this on tuesday/you're the worst on wednesday will be a nice little combo.

2. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

These two give the show high praise. I can't wait to finally check it out tonight

3. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

So excited

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This is really good so far.

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Damn this is perfect

6. EngineDown

Loving the dude who plays Paper Boy

7. EngineDown

This has been such a perfect episode

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Watching this on the FX app, so not sure... but is FX broadcasting 'fucks' now?

9. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

This was great

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I like Flo Rida moms need rap too

alina, mad and TheWater(s) like this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Loved it. Really well shot, intriguing dialogue and actually a fair amount more jokes than I was expecting, I laughed several times throughout the two episodes. I really like the supporting cast already too.

I was shocked at the f-bombs though, I'm not used to hearing that on FX at all besides that one episode of Louie

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. shea

RIP Supporter

Took me until the second ep to realize I recognized Darius from Short Term 12.

Really loved it. And appreciated them eating at JR Crickets and Cynne Simpson being the anchor on the news..haha

13. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

really liked the first two eps, excited to see where this goes.

loved when they did the pulp fiction brief case lighting for the lemon pepper wings box lol

I didn't even noticed the language, but I've been watching trailer park boys the last few days so I guess I'm just not phased by it

14. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This was really great. All three leads were perfect.

"Not right now? Aww man, that basically means no."

15. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Loved these first two episodes. Definitely gonna be watching this.

16. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

damn they're still playing it and that scene in the jail with the police brutality really did remind of twin peaks with the way it becomes super dark in the blink of an eye.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Just finished the first episode online, checking out the second tomorrow. Off to a good start, for sure.

With this, You're the Worst and hopefully Better Things, FX is going to be taking up a lot of my time this fall.

19. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

First season American Crime Story had few uncensored "fucks" as well.

I think this is a new trend where some networks are loosening restrictions on curse words for shows that air at later timeslots. USA Network has had has alot of uncensored uses of "shit" on Mr. Robot and Suits lately.

20. shea

RIP Supporter

I feel like at some point I heard you can technically say whatever you want on cable but most shows don't because of ads and sponsors or whatever.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. pretty much

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep, all about what the sponsors - for example, the first episode of Mr Robot this season was uncensored because it had limited commercials/less sponsors, but the rest of the season bleeps out the "fuck"s because it went back to having normal commercial breaks/typical USA sponsors.

Anyway, these first couple episodes were very good, eagerly awaiting more.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Pilot is on YouTube in case you missed it

24. Sal Paradise

Trusted

This was great. I watched because I'm a Glover fan but was really impressed by Paper Boi

25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

As a longtime Glover fan I was instantly interested in this. The first two episodes were great!