Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta (Donald Glover, FX) TV Show • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is it possible that Donald wasn't in this season as much due to Star Wars?

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It’s feels more like an artistic choice and he seems heavily involved in writing

3. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

read a theory that it was the anniversary of Al’s mom’s death and that’s why Earn and the random texter were checking in on him, along with the intro scene, which i guess they interpreted as his imagination.

idk if i buy in but it’s pretty interesting.

4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Donald, please write/direct a horror movie.
    Thanks.

atticusfinch likes this.
  5. Oh, yeah I assumed it was either the day his mother died or his deceased mother’s birthday

6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Do we know she’s passed? Jesus that changes the whole context of the episode for me... never crossed my mind!

7. Ya I miss the group hanging together. Looking forward to next week's ep. These more intimate, focused episodes have been great though, and it's cool to see that the show isn't beholden to anything but Glover and Murai's own creativity.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They talk about her funeral in the pilot but I completely forgot about that until today

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"You really are just like your mother."

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

This new episode was probably one of my favorites so far

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this one had everything, really funny for most of it but then a pretty heavy last 10 minutes or so

irthesteve likes this.
  13. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This was a really good one

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Show is good.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I wanted Al or Earn to throw Tracy out of that moving car
    The frat stuff was peak Atlanta, Violet stuff was kinda weird, this show is better than the line " college hos be crazy" also he's at least 35 why would he even consider sleeping with a college student

16. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

If you dont know why I dont think you understand these characters

17. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

i was kinda waiting for tracy to blow his head off by accident

18. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

That car scene with the gun had me really worried. Pulp Fiction anyone?

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I was worried they'd get arrested and they're probably still on probation from the weed thing

20. That stuff in the frat house was so bizarre. The D4L bit had me dying.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love how Al and Earn were so unfazed like that's what they expect from white people

imthesheriff and Joe like this.
  22. They were just stone-faced the whole time, and then they laughed together at the end. I loved that. Then it got heavy :(

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah the Laffy Taffy thing happening in the same scene as the dude telling Paper Boi he was his favorite rapper along with Post Malone was hilarious

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Jesus that last ep. I can’t get over how good this show is. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of Tracey, but this ep made me kinda be on his team. Earn was just dismissing him from the start, and kept making excuses for him not to come. Was it ok to push a woman down the stairs!? Fuck no. Though Al was right with Earn putting them in that situation.

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Tracey only made things worse, he's one of the most frustrating characters on TV, brilliantly written and acted. Earn not wanting to spring for a hotel was just such a bad move, could've easily avoided that whole situation.