Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Atlanta (Donald Glover, FX) TV Show • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Lakeith is weird but not torpedo his own career on a whim weird

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Didn’t he already crash the stage at the emmys?

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I thought that was planned

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Was it? The silicon valley dude looked pretty confused

OotyPa likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Unrelated but does anyone speak spanish and know what the abuelo said in the last episode to Van?

6. He was mostly complaining about Drake being famous and not paying attention to him. Also talked about how Drake's phone was better than his.

Then he told Van that Drake flew out of town. When Van said she didn't speak Spanish, he replied "you don't know what you're in for".

Abuelo sounded Dominican to me.

Whatever the meaning of that scene was flew right over me though.

7. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Yeah I’m pretty sure Abuelo was Dominican. Sounded a lot like my uncles

Why Bother? likes this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I was thinking about it earlier today and I realized that he's really perfect for the show. Background in writing from 30 Rock for the writing days, background in sketches from Derrick Comedy, standup for the monologue, and he's even his own musical guest. He could do an entire episode by himself lol

9. Doesn't the host introduce the musical guest? Like, I'm assuming someone like Taylor Swift was the host and musical guest as well at some point, right? Do they go, "Ladies and gentlemen, ME!!!"

someone from the regular cast probably does it if that's the case, right. shhhh.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah it's either a cast member or if there's a celebrity cameo they do it sometimes. Justin Timberlake actually did introduce himself one time though

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If Lakeith and/or BTH and/or Zazie are there (although isn’t BTH still performing on Broadway? Might have trouble getting there in time if he has a show that night), would be cool if they let them do it.

13. Brian Tyree Henry is on Fresh Air today and it’s pretty great

skogsraet likes this.
  14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

shit is fucking intense

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

P sure I stopped breathing during that particular scene

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's cool seeing the whole story arc click, I feel like this week's episode made last week's even better

primavera likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Would've been nice if I didn't get bars and tones in the middle of that guy giving Paper Boi a headstart

angel paste likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just caught up with the last 2...didn’t really care much for the Drake one but enjoyed the hell out of tonight’s episode. Last 3 episodes have had so many tense moments.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

that mugging scene was had me clenching my teeth.

20. How do you mean?

21. yeahrightdude Apr 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2018)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

... I thought that was part of the episode?

edit:
    just watched the encore episode and it doesn't have it but it's not like fox censored something out it was just an interruption. weird

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Haha I did too, glad it wasn't just me.

This one was really good, but like I said last week, I really want more group episodes and not ones centered on single characters, this is like the fourth one in a row. Kind of wish they were spread out because individually they've all been excellent (except the Drake one I wasn't huge on) but it's definitely noticeable how little Earn has been in this season.

Next week looks like exactly what I'm looking for though

Joe likes this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That was honestly just as harrowing as Teddy Perkins. Caught me completely off guard.

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Earn being a non-factor accomplishes two things at once, though. It shows him as an ineffective manager (compare his lack of presence to the constant proximity of the "better" managers in this show) and it frees up the writers to flesh out character relationships beyond a traditional ensemble dynamic.

I love Glover's acting and from a financial perspective I get why this would be a difficult choice, but at the same time I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Glover writes himself completely out of the show in this season finale. He's always spoke about Atlanta as a vehicle for him and his friends to tell whatever stories they want vs a traditional show narrative. One last robbery: Earn's job.

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The past few episodes have all been about fame and authenticity and the relationship between artists and their fans

Personally I automatically go oh I get it Donald is talking about his personal dealings with fame, and he's such a private person and the whole Community thing, but I know there are other writers and I could be reading too much into it

trevorshmevor likes this.