Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Athletics - When To Run, Where To Hide (September 2, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Oh fuuuuuuuuck yes

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So soon. Fuck.

3. Kmil

Trusted

Man, so damn excited for this, "Who You Are is Not Enough" is freaking amazing.

4. dead_fm

Regular

.....you dudes are gonna be so bummed haha. But like a really good bummed.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

what's your connection to the band? was curious about that

6. dead_fm

Regular

you and I share a connection with the band haha

7. cwhit

prettttty sure i just figured out who you were
    does the answer "no i'm not accepting your friend request on facebook" mean anything to you? :P

8. dead_fm

Regular

Nope. Haha. Doesn't ring a bell dude. Sorry. I'm friends w/Zach. My name is Mike.

9. cwhit

whoops, thought you were someone else, hah. especially based on your music taste and incredible love of vinyl. that's cool! i only know them due to the press connection which turned into a personal friendship with the guys, but they're just the sweetest and have been hospitable to me on more than one occasion. hoping this housing stuff goes off without a hitch, planning on going to the NYC show

10. Quercus

Regular

Any word on a vinyl release? I loved cover of WYAINE but I hope they go for a more traditional packaging this time, as opposed to:

[​IMG]

11. First I'm being made aware of new material, real excited though

12. dead_fm

Regular

I'm lucky enough to have one of these. I'd love to be able to drop more info but it's not my place haha. All I can say is, refer to my previous post.

13. dead_fm

Regular

It's all good man. Yeah I met Zach through nerdy hair shit and barbering and then howie through Zach. Even though I'm a few states away, we talk almost daily. I love that guy.

cwhit likes this.
  14. Quercus

Regular

I was able to snag one, also, but it doesn't really fit in my shelf. :)

What post? This?

15. cwhit

it's ITC, they never do traditional
    i have the glow in the dark hand print cover of WAYH but the glow doesn't work at all anymore, barely worked for a month, hah.

16. dead_fm

Regular

You so sure that it'll be ITC? ;)

17. cwhit

they're really the sweetest. they allowed me to crash over at their place near asbury back in late 2013 when the Brand New discography shows were going on, made me dinner, were just super hospitable. zach, jess, and howie are just the best

18. cwhit

O DAM INTERESTING

19. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

"So bummed" so like that could mean a few different things. One, this is their last release. Wouldn't surprise me since a few of the guys got married and they've had pretty significant inactivity since WYAINE. If it is I'm cool with that and I'm just glad I get to see them the day after it's released

2 it's an EP instead of a full length. Again I'm cool with this since who you are was only 5 songs and it's become one of my favorites ever so who cares how long it is, just give me more.

dead_fm likes this.
  20. dead_fm

Regular

Haha I'm not saying it's not. I guess we'll have to wait and see next month.

cwhit likes this.
  21. dead_fm

Regular

I really hope it's not the first scenario. Athletics did take a Lil break but Ghost House also happened which was/is awesome.
    As far as the second point goes....the answer is actually already out there. Just gotta look a little haha.

22. cwhit

i know they're working on new ghost house stuff as well

23. dead_fm

Regular

Yeah I'm stoked for that too. You know that's Jess on the cover of the last ghost house record right? Haha.

24. cwhit

holy shit hahaha. never realized

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

God this is all such a tease every time I get a notification from this thread. I might have to unsubscribe and just go dark on it. I'm too excited.

SpyKi and dead_fm like this.