Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At the Drive-In Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez on Epic Solo-Album Series, New At the Drive-In LP

Can you explain why Jim left the band? For fans, the timing was shocking, and some were afraid his split would derail the reunion.
    I'll keep it really simple about Jim. If you think the timing was a shock to you, as a fan, it was tough on us to be such an irresponsible timing, to be let known about it so close to tour. Luckily Keeley has been great, and he saved us, and we were able to continue with our touring plans for ourselves and for our fans, more than anything. If it came as a shock to you, imagine for us inside of the band – we all knew about this tour for the past eight months. We all knew and worked towards it and put our family lives aside and planned accordingly. But we got through it, and that's the important thing.

We made the announcement just after it happened. So however fans experienced it is how we experienced it. The only difference is that we were used to this sort of wishy-washiness. For the few people who were upset about him not being there, it's like, "What would you rather watch: one person who doesn't even want to be there or the band existing without that one person? We [were thinking about] the greater good, so it's nice to hear you say that people were concerned it would derail the whole thing. Anyone who knows the history of the band knows that Jim has been kicked out of the band on three different occasions, and we've done a good amount of touring without him. So for us it was like, "Ahh, this again?" The sum of the parts is what the band is: it's the whole. It's what we come together to do.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He was kicked out of the band three previous times?!

3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

this is madness.

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

I mean el gran orgo is recorded evidence of at least one of the times

5. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Thanks!

6. It sounds like they haven't even started recording the new album.

7. hongfong00

I thought it was odd that they went on tour and didn't play anything new or mention a new album. I mean I'm happy to see them play their old stuff, but they said there would be new music out this year.

Steven Suarez likes this.
  8. I'd say it's a very slim chance they release a new album this year.

9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Listening to Relationship Of Command so much recently and i love Cosmonaut so goddamn much

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  10. hongfong00

I think my favorite At the Drive In song is Transatlantic Foe.....it sounds totally different from their other songs but it represents what this band is capable of, the lyrics, guitars, bass and drums....all amazing.

JettaPA likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Anyone think there's any chance we'll ever actually hear new material from these guys?

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

We'll get an ATDI/Glassjaw split the week after we get a new Brand New album

13. beachdude

Both albums will come bundled with Half-Life 3.

Cameron and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

They recorded in Korea a couple months ago. Probably late 2017 is my guess.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

Yeah I hope they do finish something, would be awesome.

16. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

wait are you serious?

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. Horrorca

Trusted

would love to get this, still, I am so sad about Ward's departure

if he at least makes a new Sparta album, I would maybe feel better

19. irthesteve

I don't really care about Ward leaving anymore honestly, sounded like he was making things miserable for everyone else

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. Horrorca

Trusted

it's a shame he wasn't feeling it, but I'm sure he is an important part of the AtD-I sound... oh well... at least give us another country album

21. irthesteve

THREAD BUMP YOOOOO

22. irthesteve

great fucking song

23. tomfrombrick

song rules

24. Fucking finally!

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Awesome song.