Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At the Drive-In Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

2. I've found out that they actually released a full length with another singer in 2013. It's still available for streaming here: POZ Stream: The Company We Keep - Sound/No Sound

The soundcloud page I linked has another song from the debut EP. I remember particularly loving this one:

Not much can be found about them though, which bums me out. It seems like they were around in a weird time for emerging bands, like I'm not even sure streaming plays counted as sales back then. They even had a member from Misery Signals, yet they seem to have appeared and disappeared without many people noticing...

beachdude and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've got the EP, album and 3 other songs in my music library, I'll share if you want to PM me

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

thread bump got me excited for new ATDI :(

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I believe they're going on hiatus after their tours wrap up to make way for TMV but you never know with these guys

6. irthesteve

I wish we get new TMV

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I'll take what I can get. Antemasque popped up on shuffle the other day and made me realize that shit doesn't get near enough credit.

irthesteve likes this.
  8. irthesteve

Such a great band, such an impressive collection of music over the years

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  9. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

For sure, deserve way more credit than they ever got.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Sorry haha, I doubt we're going to get new ATDI before a while though. I'd love to get a The Mars Volta reunion tour and Antemasque's unreleased album first but we'll see what happens.

I can see another EP in the same vein as the last one down the line. They recorded it in a very short amount of time if I remember well.

11. I need a new Volta album. And please release the Antemasque album!

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Never was a huge Volta fan. First album was great, everything else just blended together. Would see them live though. Antemasque album was good, would like to hear more. I believe they recorded some stuff with Travis Barker. I guess this is lost like the Modest Mouse recording with Big Boi of Outkast. Loved the last ATDI EP.

13. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I love me some Volta live recordings, damn.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ooooo

15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

All the little jams are just amazing. Wish I could have seen them live again. Saw them on the Octahedron tour right before they booted Thomas Pridgen out of the band. They cut the set short (which is still a long set by most standards) because Cedric was getting sick

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Why did they kick him I can’t remember?

17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I remember a bunch of stories floating around. Hit hitting women, him pissing the bunk bed on the tour bus drunk, etc., not sure if any of them were verified

18. SoundscapeMN

Regular

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  19. I was scrolling through this thread quickly and I thought that was Volta in studio recording new music. I got extremely excited then was extremely let down.

20. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Hopefully soon. They've said they plan on doing volta after atdi's 3 year tour wraps up lmao

21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

22. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I think this just means they're taking a break. Tony, the drummer, said he was looking forward to the future of the band in some interview a few weeks back. Guessing they are all just going off to do their other projects for a bit.

Tony started a band with the new guitarist called DVLS

coleslawed likes this.
  23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I hope you are right!!!

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bring back the Mars Volta please

bd007h, coleslawed, kyle and 2 others like this.
  25. irthesteve

OK, TMV time let's goooooooooooooooooo

beachdude, Joe4th and Gnarly Charlie like this.