Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At the Drive-In Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Scott Siegel, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Scott Siegel

3/17 – New Orleans, LA @ Civic Theatre
    3/18 – Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle
    3/20 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
    3/22 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5
    3/25 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
    3/27 – Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
    3/29 – Toronto, Canada @ Rebel
    5/6 — El Paso TX @ County Coliseum
    5/8 — Phoenix AZ @ Marquee Theatre
    5/9 — San Diego CA @ Soma
    5/12 — San Francisco CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    5/13 — Los Angeles CA @ Shrine Auditorium
    5/17 — Mexico City @ Pepsi Center WTC
    6/7 — Austin, TX @ Stubb’s
    6/9 — San Antonio, TX @ Aztec Theater
    6/10 — Houston, TX @ Revention Music Center
    6/12 — Dallas, TX @ South Side Ballroom
    6/13 — Oklahoma City, OK @ The Criterion
    6/15 — Denver, CO @ The Fillmore
    6/17 — St. Paul, MN @ Palace Theatre
    6/18 — Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
    6/20 — Columbus, OH @ Express Live!
    6/21 — Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
    8/15-17 — St. Pölten, Austria @ FM4 Frequency Festival
    8/16-19 — Paredes De Coura, Portugal @ Paredes De Coura Festival
    8/16-19 — Kiewit, Belgium @ Pukkelpop Festival
    8/25-27 — Weatherby, UK @ Leeds Festival
    8/25-27 — Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

These are all shows that were rescheduled from their reunion tour last year.

3/20/17 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
    3/22/17 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5
    3/25/17 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues
    3/27/17 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
    3/29/17 - Toronto, ON @ Rebel

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Really happy that this will be coming to Cleveland! I will definitely be at that date. And depending on how the new album is and the setlist looks I might do Columbus the night before as well.

Emokid79 likes this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

Urghh once again I will be at a wedding the weekend this comes to town.

5. Emokid79

Regular

I'm for sure hitting up both dates. After finally seeing them last year at Rock on the Range, i need to see them on their own tour as many times as possible.

6. suicidesaints Mar 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2017)
    suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

dadbolt and Fucking Dustin like this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Surprisingly tickets were still available as of 10 minutes ago. I didn't buy any because I have to work, but it should be a crazy show.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Dallas show was insane. Glad I could finally make up for missing the trees / red 7 shows

10. TMS2787

Trusted

Has anyone been to a show on this leg of the tour? Im wondering what time they'll go on with the show starting at 8:00 PM with one opener.

11. AndyIsaCult

They went on at around 9:10/9:15 last night. Think they finished around 10:30. They cut continuum and arcanesal

Emokid79 likes this.
  12. TMS2787

Trusted

Thank you for the information. Does that mean that they only played 14 songs then?

13. AndyIsaCult

Yep, I'm like 95% certain they played 14. Cedric looked to have a tea kettle and a humidifier onstage but I don't know if that's standard or if he was fighting something. I'm fairly certain they had planned to play 16, because when they skipped continuum I saw him go to the guitar players and point to something on their set lists, and then when they came out for the encore the maracas for arcanesal were out but as soon as they started one armed scissor someone grabbed them.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Ugh. I hope that's not the case tonight. I was worried about something like this happen (or a cancellation) since it's the end of the tour. I think when they played Rock On The Range last spring he had the tea kettle as well but I can't be sure. I'm certain it'll still be an awesome show.

15. Emokid79

Regular

They killed at ROTR last year and on Tuesday as well. I thought about going to Cleveland last night but I decided against it as I will see them at Riot Fest.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

Be glad you didn't make the trip to Cleveland for the show. While it wasn't bad it wasn't nearly as good as the set at Rock On The Range. Cedric's energy wasn't even close to the same level and they just didn't sound as good. Not to mention they only played 13 songs. Which was the most annoying part of it all to me.

17. atlas

Trusted

I loved them on this tour! Wait, no I didn't, because they canceled 2 weeks out from their date so they can play a much shorter set at a much higher price at Riot Fest instead.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Garbage. What was the reasoning for canceling?

19. atlas

Trusted

That is the reason

20. tonyvalentine

Regular

It was actually very poor ticket sales. Metallica/Fathers Day really hurt them. If the show sold out they would have waited on the Riot Fest announcement until after.

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Jesus, these guys are something else. Lol

After the initial "reunion" tour, Jim leaving the band, the multiple cancellations, a sub-par album, semi-pricey tickets… I wonder if people just don't really care? Cleveland wasn't even close to cacpity. They didn't even open the balcony besides the side boxes, which they charge more for. Cleveland is a weird market but if they didn't sell well in Chicago either I'm just wondering if most people don't care anymore.

22. tonyvalentine

Regular

When they did the reunion last year they announced a date and it sold out instantly. They added a second date and it took a little longer but still sold. Once Jim was officially out both shows ticket prices plummeted on StubHub and were selling for $7 day of. After that I felt salty for paying $45 for mine.

I also believe the show that got cancelled was $45 before fees. Soooooo lol.

23. tonyvalentine

Regular

With that being said I really enjoy the new album and I think they're still great live without Jim. I just think a lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes.

24. TMS2787

Trusted

They also did / booked considerably smaller venues last year vs. this year. I was thinking of going to one of the Detroit dates (which also both sold out instantly) and then prices plummeted in the weeks leading up to the show, I think they went down to $6. This years show was in a 2,900 venue vs. a 1,000 venue. And while the show never got down to $6 here it did go down to $13, which is a big drop off face value. Maybe they just expected bigger turns out? Who knows

25. atlas

Trusted

Hmmm maybe they shouldn't have booked a 5000 cap venue then