Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At The Drive-In - in•ter a•li•a (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

ohhhh, now i'm glad i DIDN'T listen to it when it was up, haha

2. sukottokairu

Regular

thought the new song was pretty good, i'd rank it in 2nd place out of the 3 new songs, with goverened by contagions being the best. this one is cool though, cedric sounds more like his younger self here.

3. yep his voice sounds grittier compared to the other new songs

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Engine Down vibes are always a good thing.

5. yep, Kelley's presence is a good thing

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this one is pretty easily my least favorite
    i don't like this

didn't even realize this was the closer, lol

8. SteveLikesMusic Apr 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2017)
    SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Wow that is a weak-ass closer.

Edit: that was harsh. It's a cool song, but I always hope closing tracks are going to be some epic, climactic thing.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Another solid track, this album's going to be killer

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Not going to listen if it's the closer.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

there are aspects I really really like about that song, and there are things I'm not as big on but overall its pretty solid. Record will be interesting to listen to for sure

12. I like it, but I feel the vocals are too dominant and drown out the music.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

In regards to it being the closing song, it does mean that the album ends with an excellent bout of power and energy at the end there

14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Best single so far

15. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What's with the hate for this track, its wicked classic ATDI gibberish and I quite liked it

Am I the only one who thought it sounded like early Incubus

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah, it's my favorite of the three released so far. Really stoked for the full album.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  17. JM95

Trusted

The three songs they've released have been progressively worse in my opinion. I like Governed By Contagions. The opening riff for Incurably Innocent is good but it tails off dramatically afterwards.

This new one though is just a complete nonsense. Absolutely nothing to latch on to, the vocals sound horrible, whether it's simply a production issue or whether it's, as I suspect, a mix of production and really odd vocal delivery, which makes it sound like he's nursing a severe dental abscess.

What a dreadful closer.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. I don't get the hate for this one or for the other new songs either. It's interesting reading the reactions, not particularly on here but on every music platforms as well. It's still shaping up to be one of the best comeback albums to me, something I didn't feel when we quickly approached the release date for Refused's turd or for Finch's half hassed third album for example. This time it seems completely different. Vocals and the production aside, everything seems on point, though yep I want to hear their experimental side shine way more, especially now that they've grown as musicians over the past 17 years.

What I appreciate the most is that Omar finally stopped jamming like your Guitar Center employee. He's back to his strenghts, and it shows in the amount of addictive riffs and melodies he's written in only 3 songs at the moment. The rythmic session still is perfect. Really, I can't stop listening to these songs over and over again lol. It's surprising because I feared it would be a disaster, considering the 2012 tour dates and the backlash from their fans over their integrity...

Joe4th, ChaseTx and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"hostage stamps" def the best song so far, i love how it sounds like a mess

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

mixing on these songs is definitely... off :\

21. When are we going to get preorders?

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it will take some getting used to. I almost felt like they were trying too hard to capture their early sound so they tried to make the mixes.. messier? Idk i mean it may have worked at times here but there are times where I wish things were placed a little differently in the mix

23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Preorder was like months ago. They start shipping April 28th according to the email.

24. Haha really? How the heck did I miss that.

25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

these sound really bland and like there's no edge to anything. especially cedric's vocals. 0/3, not hype about this record at all haha