Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At The Drive-In - in•ter a•li•a (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm liking Incurably Innocent moreso than Governed by Contagions

2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

fame likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yeah let's not kid ourselves when it comes to ATDI lyrics. They've always been really nonsensical and goofy. The lyrics on these songs in particular are bad though.

But the songs are fun and that's really all I can ask for

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

He sounds a lot like Gerard way on this one. This song is far far better than governed by contagions

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Oh jeez I really don't know how to feel about this, they sound like a parody of themselves...

6. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

7. Wow, 3/3 and this is shaping up to be an excellent album. Too bad the vocals lack the agression of the past.

beachdude42 and kyle like this.
  8. Madmod

Lurking

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

leaked early i presume

10. I'm impatiently waiting to hear this.

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm stunned how much i'm looking forward to this

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Madmod

Lurking

Anyone have a link to that new song?

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Expectations are super tempered, but this might be a good reunion album? I feel like that doesn't happen often but that this could be one of them for some reason

14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

These guys have never really put out anything bad honestly. I've got faith in it

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

this is mostly true, but they do have a history of phoning in at the drive in (at least live) and like i said, reunion records tend to not be great. but i'm cautiously optimistic

16. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

The only one who phoned it in was Rodriguez and that's because his mom had died shortly before the shows.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

And that't not even "phoning it in," I was at that show and he still was killin it musically. He wasn't animated, but so what. Let's all get passed that bullshit please

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah, a lot can (and does) change in 5 years

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, i acknowledged this when i said this could be good anyway, and i didn't attack their intentions or anything, i just supplied a reason why my optimism is cautious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

From the songs I've heard so far, this sounds like a natural follow-up to Relationship. 16 years later. I ain't beefin.

If they pull off anything that can even touch Cosmonaut, I'll be over the moon

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I've enjoyed the other two songs but this song has me totally ecstatic for May 5. Hoping for more like it. But yeah a cosmonaut-esque song would fucking rock

23. inversevictor Mar 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2017)
    inversevictor

New song is fucking tight, love it

24. Just realized the leaked song was the closer, ahhhh I wish I hadn't heard it

25. I heard some late Engine Down influences on it which is more than a good thing

Cameron likes this.