Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At The Drive-In - in•ter a•li•a (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. sukottokairu

Regular

I looooove governed by contagions, but this new one is gonna have to grow on me for a while, not super into it as of right now. excited for the album nonetheless!

2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was entirely underwhelmed by the new Refused record but i really really like these two new ATDI tracks

so fucking excited to hear this (& i would've heard it sooner had i not woken up hours late)

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I can't think of many albums I liked less than that Refused album.

4. atlas

Trusted

That Refused album might be the single most disappointing album I've ever heard

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Refused album was a solid release, gets way too much shit around here

inversevictor, FTank and KidLightning like this.
  6. It got shit practically everywhere besides some early reviews lol

7. AndrewSoup

i need to revisit Freedom. it was just such a huuge letdown after Shape of Punk to Come when i listened to it initially

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

The Refused album was alright, I haven't listened to it since release but after going in with most of the impressions here all I thought was "Wow you guys must really be lucky if this is considered among the worst things you've heard"

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

To me the Refused album was just an insane level of boring, it wasn't like it was offensively bad or anything but it was so dull from such an exciting band that it felt worse than it would if it was just outright bad

10. Joe4th Feb 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2017)
    Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It was a complete disappointment in every regard.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I didn't expect them to blow my mind cause it was like a decade after shape of punk to come came out. i never expect albums to blow my mind anymore I'm not sixteen.
    Guess I just kept my expectations in check. Fairly safe album that had some good tunes on it. Elektra is a jam regardless of its blatant similarities to their old material

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the refused album was so profoundly, unprecedentedly bad that it ripped open a portal to another dimension where everything is bad all the time and now trump is president

SpyKi likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think like, I definitely didn't expect Shape and I expected big change from that general album but how it sounded was just meh

Elektra was alright though I'll give it that

14. that sounds awf-- oh wait

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. Bane

The spiciest meme

there were users on the site who said it was the worst album they've ever heard

16. AndrewSoup

i agree with this

17. Back to ATDI, I dig both songs. Obviously need to hear the whole album, but I'm excited.

18. AndrewSoup

i like these two songs enough that i preordered the record immediately when i saw it up
    i really like the cover art!

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea the cover art is really awesome

20. irthesteve

Yeah, cover art is totally in line with their style

21. atlas

Trusted

not to turn this into a Refused thread but "I've got a bone to pick with capitalism/and a few to break" might be my favorite opening line on an album of all time

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Listend to the new songs a bit more. I like them a lot. Nothing super innovative, but I mean I wasn't expecting them to come anywhere close to say Napoleon Solo or 198d.

23. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

[​IMG]

24. irthesteve

whyyyyyy

fame likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Are people surprised that these songs have terrible lyrics?