Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At the Drive In Begin Recording • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Dudes have been playing awesome energetic shoes and just constantly preaching how much they love being in it. 2012 was definitely a cash grab though

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Good to hear! Yeah I remember friends who went to their 2012 shows and left PISSED since they phoned it in hard.

3. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

They are definitely more into it right now, I've seen them last month and it was hitting hard on every level, the other guy on the guitar was covering for Jim Ward quite well too. We'll see what comes out of this.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Can we stop giving them shit for these two shows? Omar's mom had just died like, week-of.

A year ago, you were in the middle of a short reunion tour with At the Drive-In, starting with Coachella. How was that for you?
    It's the best thing that could have happened at that moment. For me personally, it was the most trying time in my life, the hardest obstacle to overcome in my life. In terms of being around loving people I grew up with, I couldn't have asked for a better situation.

What were you going through?
    A week before having to get onstage, my mother passed away. I barely even talk about it now, a year later. At the time, just to get onstage was a chore. So I was around these guys, practicing in my friend's garage. It couldn't have been a better group of people to be with.

AndrewSoup likes this.