Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At the Drive In Begin Recording

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I'm ready for this

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Whoa, looks like the guy from Sparta has joined officially as second guitarist.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. shea

RIP Supporter

Hot damn

5. I'm sorry say what?

I don't remember news of a reunion! And Seoul of all places, very cool

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

:-)

7. ibanez966

As excited as I want to be for new ATDI, I can't really be too excited without Jim.

8. Adonis Griffin

Elusive

Didn't think I'd see the day. And adding Keeley from Engine Down is gonna make the songwriting that much better.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

really excited. I've come around to actually being glad Ward isn't in the band. I don't want him to be there if he doesn't want to, and he clearly is over it

10. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Huge day for cautious optimism between this, promising new Green Day and Will Yip-produced Menzingers...

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i truly can't imagine this being good

12. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Will Yip produced Menzingers!?

Damn thats sexy

13. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Yes he did.
    And is it just? Made me nervous to be honest. But early indications are great!

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I love Jim Ward, it's a shame he's not a part of At The Drive In....at the moment. I've never got into Cedrics and Omars other bands, I don't think Mars Volta is good at all. I've been meaning to listen to Antemasque but haven't gotten around to it. I really like Sparta though.....so, we'll see how this goes.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm hardcore managing my expectations with this so I don't get massively let down.

angrycandy likes this.
  16. ratsforcandy

Egg yolk citizen bird fuck specimen

This is insane news. Definitely have high hopes.

17. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

sick

18. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

While I'm curious to see what music comes out of it, I'm definitely in the cautiously optimistic state.

I was a fan of Mars Volta and Sparta, and always felt that they separately composed part of ATDI. So it will be interesting to see what they sound like without Jim Ward.

19. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I thought they were miserable playing those festivals and were just cash grabbing. Recording doesn't seem like the right thing since I don't think their hearts are in this particular band/sound anymore. However, ATDI is the only band that these members have been apart of that I liked so hopefully it is atleast good.

20. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm cautiously excited for this.

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

they seem to have their hearts in it a little more now, but yeah, we should all be cautiously excited for this

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Jim who? But seriously, they will be fine without Jim. I do love Jim's voice but I think the other guys define ATDI's sound much better.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They're definitely doing this first and foremost for the money. One one hand, im not mad, get your money, but it feels fake to me.

I can only assume the guys have a little more heart in it now (since first reuniting) given bands don't make money off records no more so I doubt they're doing a new record for $$$$

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i think its been clear from the shows they've been playing recently that their hearts are completely in this. i think it was Geoff Rickley on my twitter tl who was praising the show he went to in NYC

i can't wait to hear what an ATDI album sounds like in 2016 (i wasn't so impressed with Refused's comeback album)

Gnarly Charlie likes this.