Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

At The Drive In Announce New Album, Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  2. I like a lot about this, but the same as has always been for ADTI, I just can't enjoy the vocals.

3. shea

RIP Supporter

have to check the song out later. Still can't believe this is actually happening.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. shawnhyphenray

Regular

So is this the second song released on the album? Or third? But it's not bad. Didn't realize they signed to Rise.

5. NO WOLF LIKE THE PRESENT
    CONTINUUM
    TILTING AT THE UNIVENDOR
    GOVERNED BY CONTAGIONS
    PENDULUM IN A PEASANT DRESS
    INCURABLY INNOCENT
    CALL BROKEN ARROW
    HOLTZCLAW
    TORRENTIALLY CUTSHAW
    GHOST-TAPE NO.9
    HOSTAGE STAMPS

Track listing

fenway89 likes this.
  6. This is good, I don't like it as much as the first one though. I feel like it could have needed some screams or back up yells to compliment the instrumental's aggressivity, but I know Cedric can't really pull them off anymore, and who knows if Jim would have done them.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

My thoughts exactly.

8. Once their album cycle is done, all I want is a Engine Down reunion !! And a The Mars Volta one too

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. RonandTammy

Regular

Just listened to this, it was awesome. Why did Ward quit the band in 2016 anyway?

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i am so so excited for this

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dig it, but I wish there was some aggvocal

12. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I saw the track listing. I was talking about an actual song being released. I know "Governed By Contagions" was released already.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is the second single

14. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I like this song better then the first. I'm excited to hear the new album....still bummed about Jim...

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

No reason has been given. Could have been on his own or forced by Omar and Cedric ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

It took me a couple listens to get into this track, but I'm really diggin' it now.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I am really not feeling this. The vocals just don't work for me on this song.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. RonandTammy

Regular

I still don't understand how Cedric can do vocals like this and also stuff like in The Mars Volta.

19. Whoa. Engine Down. There's a name I haven't seen in awhile! The one time I was supposed to see them way back in the day, they weren't able to make the show. :tear:

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. That's too bad ! The same thing happened to me with Funeral For A Friend (when they were at their peak) and The Blackout, and both bands broke up afterwards without coming back to make up for the cancelled shows. I hope the singer brought back some of their influences on ATDI's new stuff.

21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love it, for me it's even better than the first single, and the vocals are great, the delivery is just fine - I guess there's going to be some aggressive vocals on the record too, though Jim Ward won't be there, and it's not the same band anyway, it's been a looong time - we should be happy it sounds this good ;D