Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AT&T Home Internet starts their new monthly usage cap today

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by fronkensteen, May 24, 2016.

1. fronkensteen

Trusted

2. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

And I'm over here with google fiber like:girlhand:

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. fronkensteen

Trusted

:redanger::redanger::redanger:

dylan likes this.
  4. devenstonow May 24, 2016
    (Last edited: May 24, 2016)
    devenstonow

Noobie

And I'm over here with Comcast like:girlhand:?

dylan and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn and Charter are getting rid of their cap.

6. mattfki5g May 24, 2016
    (Last edited: May 24, 2016)
    mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

Considering I have no cap specifically for having a UVerse cable package with them, this seems directly targeted to those going without cable.

I know Time Warner gets a bad rep (Deservedly), but I was tricked into switching to ATT by my apartment complex after they told me TW services were being cut off from the complex. I then learned from TW as I was turning in my equipment that it was untrue and illegal for them to suggest it as cable lines are public domain. So it seems like ATT worked a deal with my apartment complex for some kind of kickback for all tenants who switched to ATT.

I wouldn't be as upset about it if ATT offered similar speeds and prices for their internet, but now I'm paying the same monthly fee for slower internet, on top of potentially having a data cap if I wanted to cancel my cable. Needless to say I'm moving out of this complex after my lease is up for being apart of something so shady.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha. Good thing my parents are switching from AT&T to Time Warner I guess. Also, insane that with UVerse, they only offered up to 18 mbps. Time Warner is offering 50 mbps for like $25 less right now and they don't force you to use their equipment.

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Time Warner Cable is the devil. I hate them so much. Worst company to deal with. Just raise my bill just cause. Charge me a monthly fee for my modem, remote, cable box on top of the actual service fees.

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Is Google Fiber as good as it sounds? Raleigh is supposed to get it. I hope it comes to my area but I'm probably to much in the suburbs to get it.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

We only got TWC for internet and we're using equipment I had so thankfully we don't have extra fees. My parents went with Dish for TV since we had them before. AT&T had jacked up the prices so much that it was ridiculous. It was like $60 for 18mpbs internet and the modern would restart itself randomly and screw things up.

11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

It's amazing. I've only had it a couple months, but there hasn't been an outage, I haven't had to reset the modem for any problems, and speeds have been consistent since day 1. On wifi 5ghz channel I get around 4-500mbs up/down. Hardwired is 980 up/down. I play a lot of fps games online and my ping is always <20ms. I've downloaded soooo many movies, entire tv series, discographies in minutes, if not seconds, via torrents.