Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Assassin's Creed (Justin Kurzel, December 21st 2016) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 18, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

2. williek311 Dec 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 21, 2016)
    williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

The ending was the most like anti-climatic thing definitely did not use a unique kill opportunity, I didn't like how they kept cutting between present day and the past while they were in the animus, it seemed like so much of the past was shown in the previews, the leap of faith thing at the end was so much cheese, the over use of ariel shots wained on me by the end, et al.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I actually really enjoyed this. It did a solid job explaining everything to those unfamiliar with the games, and overall it was just a fun movie all around.

lish and lightning13 like this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Sadly didn't enjoy this as much as I was hoping I would, but thought the way they did the action in the film was really cool. That translated well from the game to the big screen.

lightning13 likes this.
  5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I thought this was pretty good! I heard about the mixed reviews and read some of everyone's thoughts here, but overall I thought they did a great job bringing this franchise to movie theaters.

It's certainly a great foundation to build from and I hope it won't be the last.

If they do more I hope they remove the hazy wind that was all over the 1400s scenes lol

Action/combat and the animus turned out better than what I thought it would be. Bleeding effect was so cool!

lightning13 and Joe4th like this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

OK I finally watched this. The action scenes/the past definitely reminded me of the game and they were my favorite parts. Overall it was kinda eh, I agree the cutting between past and present to show the movement in the animus was unnecessary. I think just doing it the first time he's in the animus to display how it works is OK, but it didn't have to repeat itself multiple times.

I don't think this was bad but it wasn't great either. The extremely poor reception, to me, does seem like an exaggeration. It did a fairly good job of explaining the Assassin/Templar conflict and the importance of the pieces of Eden.

I really don't think video game movies are able to display the intensity and excitement of a game, especially when these games have literally hours of backstory and lore, and they're being condensed into two hours. It just..it doesn't feel the same. I do think Fassbender did a good job of playing Callum/Aguilar. I'm hoping for a stronger cast and more exciting story in the sequel, if they are working on it.

If I had to score it, it would be 3/5.

Davjs and Joe4th like this.