Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Assassin's Creed (Justin Kurzel, December 21st 2016) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 18, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

there will also be a new tomb raider movie, tho anyone thinking it will be good b/c of Vikander must be kidding. This movie had a great cast, clearly didn't save it for most critics.

Davjs likes this.
  2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

What makes them different from others, besides any Sony bias. Tomb Raider movies were a thing, and aren't drastically different from Uncharted.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Straightforward plots, generally tightly written games. Naughty Dog has some of the best writing in gaming, if they keep some of the same creatives behind the game, I'd have complete faith in the screenplay itself being at the very least solid.

Though it'd probably come down to having a great director, which most video game adaptations seemingly can't land thanks to how poorly they've fared. Wouldn't hold out my hopes for a TLoU or UC movie to be good, but I'd certainly be interested in it.

At the same time I thought AC had potential so :girlhand:

so yeah not Sony bias, Naughty Dog bias.

ChaseTx and Davjs like this.
  4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don't think much about an Uncharted movie. A real Resident Evil series hopefully starts once Anderson finally stops his nonsense.

Davjs likes this.
  5. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I think TLoU definitely has more potential than a UC, zombies are still in aren't they?

Davjs likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

A 2 Part Last of Us movie would be amazing, just use the actual cut scenes as story boards, don't mess around with it. End the first movie with Fall on the cliff hanger. The next year release part 2 and that Winter opening with Ellie and David would be amazing. Hire me Hollywood.

7. Davjs

Trusted

You have a point and now I'm sad.

Yes! You know when his ends they are going to reboot it. This actually might be our closest chance to a good VG movie if it's done right.

Yep! And these infected are actually terrifying (esp the clickers) so if done right, it'd be great.

8. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

Solid 8/10. BUT THEY IGNORED THAT EZIO HAD THE APPLE AT THAT TIME HNNNNGGGGGG RAGE

9. Davjs

Trusted

Ezio? So this isn't it's own story and instead takes place in the same timeline as the games?

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yes it's its own story, probably exactly why they're ignoring Ezio.

11. Davjs

Trusted

They should ignore everything right? And treat this like its the first time this is happening, like Desmond and that whole story doesn't exist in this timeline. I never assumed this would exist in the lore already set up by the games, that would be a mess.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I don't think the movie universe is the same as the game one.

13. Davjs

Trusted

Right on, it's probably for the best.

If this doesn't get a sequel, hopefully down the line they adapt the first 5 games into a tv series. It would work so well, giving time to both Desmond and Altair/Ezio/Conner's stories. Each game would actually work as a season, wouldn't even need to rewrite much, except the ending to AC3 because if it's left off with Desmond dying and Juno running amuck, they have to do a little more closure than that.

14. lish

Ah, I guess I missed where it was its own story.

I don't like that we have two different universes now...

15. Davjs

Trusted

That's how movie adaptions usually work though. Tying it into the game would be super confusing for the general audience.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really disappointed in the poor reception this is getting. I let myself have such high hopes for this one. In hindsight that was a mistake but it seemed so promising at the time.

Davjs likes this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

I just saw a trailer as an ad before a youtube video and yeah, it does look so promising and well done. I wonder what the issue with the movie is? I'll know this weekend I guess.

18. lish

In regard to the critical reactions: Idk where the overexplaining and stuff came from - I didn't feel like they overexplained much of anything. The Animus was cool. And the people who complained about there only being 15 minutes of stuff in the past - about half the movie was in the past. Idk what they were talking about.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm still going to see it with my younger brother next week. I've kind of cooled down my expectations a little after seeing the reviews, but I'm still excited and hoping for the best.

20. Davjs

Trusted

The version of the Animus in the movie does look so much cooler than in the games. It looks like it makes more sense for the bleeding effect to help the current day person to become an assassin because they are actually doing the moves IRL.

lish likes this.
  21. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

What

ChaseTx and Joe4th like this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Arby's social media presence has been incredible.

johnnyferris and Davjs like this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

It really has. Wish I had to money to eat there more and support them lol.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Arbys Social Media is one of the best. Too bad the food is horse shit

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Overall this was not good.