Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Assassin's Creed (Justin Kurzel, December 21st 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 18, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yeah don't remember that part. I didn't get that he was actually dead, they just faked his death, thats what I got.

2. BleedingDodgerBlue

That trailer is soo cool.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know why I just assumed he was actually dead. Okay. Makes a little more sense.

The story just seems a bit too out there for anyone who hasn't played the games.

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's like the Matrix in a way, people seems to get that. You get plugged into a machine and become part of this historic universe.

Have you not played any of the games?

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I played the pirate one for about two hours and then deleted it from my HDD and memory.

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The game series gets confusing itself because you have the main plot spelled out in the first game and then new dimensions get added to it that in my opinion don't get explained very well. I could see the movie losing people quickly if they don't keep it relatively simple.
    Also agree with everyone else on the song choice. Expected something much more epic sounding, or something that feels more historical.

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This looks pretty bad.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I would have preferred music similar to the original game soundtracks, not something 'modern', given its setting. Again, similar to the WarCraft trailer, the music choice sounds out of place.

Elaborate?

9. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

The present day sections and lore are usually the worst part imo. I just bear with it and look at it as an excuse for the historical stuff. Not sure how it'll work out in this.

10. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I can barely tell anyone apart when everyone has the same outfit on with dark clothing and hoods

Henry and devenstonow like this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I guess I should mention that I'm not a huge gamer and have only played this game sporatically, so I'm not as familiar with the world of the game as others. From that perspective, the way it was put together made it seem very unfocused and disorganized. To me the plot just looks like this: Fassbender gets captured by some secret organization, then there's weird flashbacks to different time periods where his ancestors lived. Again, it probably works better for someone more familiar with the games.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

This probably explains it better too - www.ign.com/videos/2016/05/12/the-coolest-easter-eggs-in-the-assassins-creed-movie-trailer-rewind-theatre

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Excited for this. Ever since 2 I've wanted to see this turned into a movie. Hopefully the plot flows well. The benefit of the new story is they don't have to cram 10-20 hour into 2 hours.

ChaseTx and lightning13 like this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

devenstonow likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

People on Facebook are livid about the song choice. lol.

ChaseTx and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Trailer looks awesome. Pretty excited to see this one. Still need to play Syndicate.

lightning13 likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

Yeah they're not flashbacks, they're "genetic memories" being experienced by the protagonist

lightning13 likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

Kind of irritating this isn't about Altair. The Crusades is a more interesting setting imo and the actual origin of the Knights Templar. Plus, you know, a Middle Eastern hero

19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

have never been much of a gamer, but the original game was one I could watch my roommate play for hours, hopeful for this.

20. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

williek311 likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This will be 65% present day, 35% past.

22. ChaseTx

Is that confirmed or are you being cynical? Because that would be the dumbest mistake they can make here

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/assassins-creed-movie-is-65-present-day-35-past

24. ChaseTx

25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Womp womp