Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Asking Alexandria / Born Of Osiris / After The Burial / I See Stars / Upon A Burning Body / Bad Omen Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 8, 2016.

1. oldboot

Regular

Saw this last night in Portland, ME and was completely underwhelmed. Only 12 songs from AA, one of which was Welcome. Danny just babbled, sometimes for 5+ minutes at a time and it just completely killed the vibe. Maybe I am being overly critical, but there are very few shows I leave thinking "wow, that blew" but last night left me feeling that way. I'm not really into BOO, but the place emptied out after them and the floor seemed extremely energized for their set. I was just left disappointed with AA playing for 80 minutes and only managing 11 1/2ish songs. I will say that Danny sounded good when he actually played music.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

How do they fill 80 minutes with only 11 songs? Just LOTS and LOTS of talking?

3. oldboot

Regular

Yeah, that was pretty much it. They came on at 9:45 and ended at 11:05. "Welcome" is 2 minutes long. So the last 78ish minutes featured 11 songs and about 30 minutes of Danny babbling. And it wasn't even like it was babbling interesting stories about the band or the songs, it was just really bad jokes about drugs and sex. Not that I mind a good joke about drugs or sex, but Danny was going on Letterman-like monologues while the band stood in the shadows. I know that bands in this genre don't generally play 18-20 song headliners. And honestly, if it was 12 songs in 60 minutes it probably would've been awesome, but the fact that it was 80 min just seemed to drag and the show never got any momentum because there was a long break in between each song.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That's nuts. Like you said a 60 minute set would be acceptable for that, but when over 1/3 of your set is monologue that's WAY too much.