Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Asking Alexandria / Born Of Osiris / After The Burial / I See Stars / Upon A Burning Body / Bad Omen Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 8, 2016.

1. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I've never been to an AA show (aside from passing by them doing The Final Episode at Warped, which sounded really great) and now that Danny's back in, unless the support is really great, I don't see that changing. I will forever stick by him being an overrated vocalist in the metalcore scene.

2. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

back in the day he was amazing. their live performance is still pretty decent. I saw them at warped 2011 and danny was hammered and I refused to watch the rest of their set.

3. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

Here's my idea, put Danny in for the singing parts for this tour and get Ronnie from BOO, or Devon from ISS to cover the screaming or literally any other screamer that is not Danny. If I went to this tour id be so disappointed with it.

Personally if they couldn't get a screamer I'd rather see them play to a backing track than have him scream.

4. korey011

Regular

Dude I didn't even think about having someone else do screams. That would be pretty cool. What's his name from BOO filled in for Michael Barr for Volumes when he left.

5. bstadtfeld

but does it djent?

That was BOO's other screamer/keyboardist Joe Buras.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Only balcony tickets left for the Chicago show.

7. korey011

Regular

Ben Bruce confirmed Danny is back and Denis screwed over the band.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Link?

9. korey011

Regular

Facebook! Go to asking'a page Ben went live and talked about everything. Obviously there's two sides to the story but danny is confirmed back.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'll have to check it out. That's pretty crappy.

11. nomoretape Oct 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2016)
    nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

Here's the link in case someone's lazy.

12. red8ge

Regular

these guys sound like a bunch of fucking idiots

13. jordanjohnson09

Regular

I don't have a good feeling about this

14. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'm sure everyone's ready to go out and see Danny akwardly talk all his harsh vocals. Ideally they should have had a replacement vocalist for this tour and then do YouTube auditions. In that scenario you don't run the risk of finding someone with a massive ego complex.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

He seems sincere. I just find it hard to believe that Denis did anything to squander his role in the band. Asking Alexandria is way bigger than Make Me Famous ever was or will be. Did the guys in Asking Alexandria run right back to Danny and beg him to be in the band again?

16. korey011

Regular

But why? they are selling out shows in Europe and everything. The band is obviously making plenty of money and getting good crowd reception. It doesn't surprise me Denis screwing people over. His side of the story in the Make Me Famous breakup was BS. I'm sure AA isn't innocent, but if you just cut your band mates off, how do they expect to get their stuff done?

17. Matthew

Regular

kidinthebushes likes this.
  18. korey011

Regular

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What happened with him and Make Me Famous?

20. korey011

Regular

kidinthebushes likes this.
  21. kidinthebushes

Trusted

As none, some, most, or all of you have seen, the last week has been what one would refer to as "eventful". Rumors and speculation of recent events have circulated long before even their inception but in an ironic twist of fate or foresight have come to fruition. Two weeks ago I was approached with a question, that as to if I would consider touring with my former band, Asking Alexandria for their upcoming tour "10 Years In The Black". Now, keep in mind that outside occasional "Hey man, how've you been?" texts, Ben Bruce and I hadn't spoken since my departure, and the rest of the band, not at all. It was a long week pondering the decision and figuring out what the right thing to do was. After all, my album "The Long Road Home" is about to release, which is of course my primary focus, I'm working on the new We Are Harlot record, and trying to book in as much acting work as possible. Eventually the pivotal hour came about and it was time to make a decision. I took this last year off from playing and touring to find myself (pretentious) and re-evaluate my life (cliche), which I NAILED (badass). So, now, after almost two years, I shall be going on tour again with Asking Alexandria. We have spent the last week honing the show and the set to be the best it can be, and best it has ever been, and I hope y'all enjoy watching it as much as we have creating it. It is a journey through the band's history and maybe even a new song that isn't actually very new but is new but isn't new at all. I'm now in a place mentally where this is something I can embrace again, with the men I started this crazy journey with. It's a beautiful nostalgia that feels like nothing ever changed. Whatever happened with Asking Alexandria and Denis Shaforostov is between them, and for them to tell. All I can speak to is my excitement to be working with my old and dear friends, playing music we made for a decade that we are here to celebrate. Pick up your tickets to the USA, Canada, UK and Europe tours at www.askingalexandria.com My new single "Mexico", coming November 1st. Stay tuned for the second We Are Harlot Album. Stay beautiful, sleazy, and never too sober. -D

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This starts tomorrow.

23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Is anyone going tonight? Curious to see how this all turns out with Danny back.

25. Austin Schwarm

staybrutalaustn

judging from the videos on IG.. danny still sucks and according to a fans comment, they played 12 songs, nothing off the black, and no breathless or a lesson never learned. i'm leaning on not even attending after see that shit.