Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

As Tall As Lions Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Damn y’all got me wanting to spend the rest of my day listening to these guys

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Man, I love Lafcadio. Maybe because I got into them on that record. But “Acrobat” is still their best song

3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I may take the long way home from work just to listen to Lafcadio. I had a few minutes today to sneak in Deep Sleeper and, holy shit. Didn't realize how much I miss these guys.

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lafcadio is a winter album, something you listen to late at night when everyone else is asleep. Their other stuff is much more bright and warm, may be why that album feels like an outlier.

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I feel like they missed out on getting huge by a few years. They were ahead of their time.

6. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Self titled has been getting me through the last few weeks. I listened to it a lot during the last breakup I had before my wife and I started dating (10 years ago at this point). The back half is super comforting if you’re feeling low.

Crisp X, cshadows2887 and beachdude like this.
  7. Madmod

Lurking

This is one band I will kill for a reunion or new album. I dont think it will happen given how well Dan is doing in the producing realm.

The_Pioneer and beachdude like this.
  8. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Was just thinking, like, yesterday how the self-titled is still one of my favourite albums ever.

cshadows2887 and The_Pioneer like this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

YO... I just listened to that song “Driver’s License” by Olivia Rodrigo that’s been blowing up and breaking streaming records... almost certainly gonna debut at #1 on the Hot 100. Lyrically it isn’t my thing that much, but I thought the instrumentation/production was really nice and elevated it a lot. So I went to look up who produced it and my mind is fucking BLOWN right now!!

Dan!! He’s the sole co-writer and producer of the song that’s about to be #1 in the United States. I’m so over the moon happy for him right now. I can’t think of anyone else in music who deserves this more. Hopefully this leads to him becoming a true A-list producer like a new Jack Antonoff or something.

Your Milkshake and azzy01 like this.
  10. azzy01

Regular

He's been writing and producing for some fairly "big" acts recently like Conan Grey, Frey Ridings and Caronline Polachek. I think he played a huge role in Conan's album, it's not my cup of tea, but I'm really glad the artists he's writing for are being recognized

beachdude and Philll like this.
  11. Philll

Trusted

He's got some big credits to his name - Carly Rae, Kylie Minogue, Billy Idol. He worked with Lewis Capaldi who was huge here a year or two ago.

beachdude likes this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Been listening to a lot of ATAL last few days. Man, I miss them so much. Happy for Dan for all the big pop stuff he's working on behind the scenes, but not quite the same.

13. elphshelf

I was today years old when I discovered that Dan co-wrote and produced Olivia Rodrigo’s album. This is clearly old news but god damn, super happy for the guy.

14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I was today years old when I discovered that Cliff and Julio's project The Black and the White apparently released more than one EP...maybe?

I was doing some organizing of my digital library and got to My Heart Is Compromised which led me to their (now abandoned) website, and it was the first and only time I saw reference to an EP called Future. Except the only place I can find it is this spotify page where all the tracks are greyed out and "not available."

Long shot, but anyone know of this or where I could get a copy? I really dig that first EP.

OotyPa likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Good digging! Would be killer if someone here could answer this.

16. Madmod

Lurking

I have this EP and its the better of the two in my opinion. I bought it off iTunes but it looks like it is gone. Ill see if I can extract it somewhere.

I actually had a weird experience where I preorder it in 2013 but Apple didnt charge me until 2020 for some reason. I wonder if that's when they removed it.

Edit: Anyone have an easy way to remove itunes DRM?

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Been listening to these guys this week. Just pure perfection. I wonder if we’d ever see their albums repressed.

Phantoms and cshadows2887 like this.
  18. The_Pioneer

Regular

I miss this band a lot. Are there any recommendations for similar stuff?

Madmod, OotyPa and Phantoms like this.
  19. Madmod

Lurking

Fell down their rabbit hole today after talking about Dan's work with Chappell Roan. I miss this band so much. They were so unique for their time and to this day I have not quiet found anything that scratches that itch like they do.

Does anyone know if they have any more B-Sides like To the Sound and Deep Sleeper? I am hoping there is some tracks out there I have never heard.

coleslawed, Crisp X and Dog Fish like this.
  20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

A Soft Hum is a dope hidden track

elphshelf likes this.
  21. elphshelf

It’s a perfect epilogue for the album IMO

22. You Can't Take It With You has the most out of their albums. I think they're all on YouTube, including the instrumental EP.